Are you looking to develop your career in a direction that will involve you in driving standards for project management across an international organisation and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth and thrive on achievement?
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on our global project execution performance, while developing a prosperous career in a fast-paced international environment.
As a member of the Center of Excellence (CoEx) team of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions (BU WS), you will report to the CoEx Director. BU WS is the fast-growing part of Vanderlande responsible for global warehouse business in the market segments e-commerce (for one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions), food (e.g. AH, Woolworths) and General Merchandise and Fashion (e.g. Nike, Zalando). The CoEx supports the Customer Centers in the execution and improvement of their key project delivery activities.
You will thrive in the field of project delivery and the disciplines of project controls, maintaining an up to date understanding of the global project management execution needs, promoting a PMO network across the Customer Centers and supporting the local PMO managers in meeting their project execution challenges.
You will be the driving force behind the set-up of data driven measurement and reporting across the BU WS project execution domain, producing consolidated project performance and process adherence reporting for the global project portfolio. Continuous improvement should be part of your DNA as you will implement strategies and plans in conjunction with responsible managers to drive improvement and address gaps in project execution standards. You will also champion the embedding of new or changed tooling or processes in the project execution community.
What do we expect from you?
- You recognise opportunities on your own initiative and evaluate the attractiveness of such opportunities for the organisation.
- Approach matters from various perspectives and distinguishing between primary and secondary issues.
- Having a well-developed analytical ability, able to make connections between strategic, tactical and operational aspects.
- You ensure that there are clear structures and procedures and a clear distribution of tasks, which promote an effective and efficient involvement by others.
- Monitor progress and performance, making adjustments in a timely fashion so that plans are. safeguarded.
- Being open to new ideas and contributing to creative thinking.
- Gain trust, influence and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Use oral and written English in an international setting
- Travel up to approx. 20% of your time
You should have a strong working knowledge and experience of:
- At least 5 years of experience in a PMO or Project management role, preferably in a globally oriented, project environment
- Project Execution processes
- Commercial & Contractual matters
- Project & Business Governance
- Continuous improvement & change management
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
You will have the enthusiasm and be driven to achieve our collective goals. As an integral part of our team, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers.
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg, recruiter on 0413-494408.