Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working for the business based at Heathrow, the Power Platform Developer will be supporting the BCCR and the Operation by effective and efficient management of data and reporting solutions.
As a Power Platform Developer you will be responsible for the following:
- Development and day-to-day maintenance and enhancements of the Power Platform application systems in test and production operations.
- Identify and troubleshoot application issues and issues resolution or escalation.
- Building solutions for monitoring and evaluation of projects using Power Platform, root cause analysis, management communication, and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support and Operations team members.
- Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology, version control, appropriate testing, and risk guidelines.
- Acts as an internal expert in terms of the assigned system and is responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Plays a critical role in delivering high-quality service and support to various levels of internal users.
- Conducts technical and analytical work in developing, designing, and/or analysing technical solutions for clients.
- Delivering services and solutions for clients using Microsoft’s PowerApps, Power BI, SharePoint, Power Automate, Microsoft Teams, custom development, and data integrations.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to design and implement Power Platform based solutions satisfying customer requirements.
- Identify areas and processes where Power Platform and Microsoft 365 can be better leveraged and facilitate process improvement.
- Automate business processes with Power Apps and Power Automate; outputs will include data visualization and low code applications.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and be aware of industry standards, best practices, and trends.
- Adept at crafting Power Apps and Power Platform solutions with the ability to impart your knowledge to both pro-developers and citizen developers.
- Should have an edge over making DAX queries in Power BI desktop and expert in using advanced-level calculations on data sets.
- Capable of implementing row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
Documentation & Planning
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for all processes and procedures required to perform the BI / MIS specialist role. Ensure that all processes documented complies with company practices, methodologies and best practices.
- Stakeholder engagement – scope & gather requirements for Power Platform solutions – translate requirements into effective Products to support the global business.
The successful candidate should have experience in the following:
- Must have strong skills Power BI (DAX, M Query, Power Query, Power Fx)
- Hands-on experience with Power Platform technical solutions and other dashboarding & analytics software
- Experience with and a good understanding of the Power Platform CoE and governance components
- Highly skilled in interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of numeracy
- All round proficiency in MS Office skills with excellent excel skills and data manipulation experience
- Advanced knowledge and solid practical experience of:
- Power BI
- Power Apps
- Power Automate
- Power Virtual Agent
- Design and implementation of ETL processes – solid practical experience.
- Ensure Power Apps built have a ‘cyber security first’ approach – ensure deployed Power Apps are compliant with cyber security strategy.
- Working experience in a MIS/BI environment.
This challenging position offers the chance to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We offer a fulltime position in an informal, professional work and technical innovative environment with a lot of possibilities to develop yourself.
Besides your salary, we offer you the following:
- 28 vacation days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours
- Medical Cover
- Training possibilities
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Jasper Pijnenburg, recruiter on +31 413 49 44 08