Principal Java Software Engineer
Location: Veghel, Dortmund or Atlanta
This role will be part of the Software Engineering Warehouse team. You will be responsible for a wide range of software development areas working with Product Owners, System Architects, Software Architects, and development teams constructing robust and feature rich software. Within this role, you are capable of working independently and within teams taking leadership duties to help drive execution of project activities supporting a customer centric operational perspective to ensure feature functionality meets customer expectation. You will also coach and train other software engineers on development best practices and standards continuously evaluating new techniques and technologies to improve the organizations innovation through a customer centric approach.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Solid understanding of duties performed within entire software development life cycle, tools, and language(s) to include:
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s in refinement and defining user/technical stories for controls based software utilized in automated systems for material movement
- Ensures teams are following best practices for test-driven/behavior driven development of microservice modules that support both on premise and cloud based platforms distributed utilizing automated CI/CD pipelines
- Provides leadership, technology guidance, and mentors others throughout the SDLC process within both product and project development activities. Leverage your domain expertise to coach and further the knowledge and improve productivity of your colleagues.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex microservice components that meet requirements, provide high quality in a high performance environment
- Contributes and develops complex application architectures and technical alternatives to meet functional requirements working with System, Software, and Solution architects
- Leads technical documentation development for application designs and ensures that all key technical areas are fully documented and understood.
- Works closely with other architects and software engineers to align the organization around standard IDE’s (i.e. IntelliJ, Eclipse, etc.) and open source/commercial tools and libraries that meet the business needs for software development
- Strong ability to quickly analyze functional issues, performance issues, production components and configurations, Triaging/troubleshooting of issues across dev, QA, and production environments
- Supports customer deployment of software applications into production environments as needed to ensure proper functionality and customer acceptance
- Works as a multi-skilled professional practicing SAFe Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology
Your qualifications and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- A Minimum of 8 years working experience developing in JAVA
- Expert in Core JAVA / Spring Boot, Framework, Security, Cloud / Hibernate / Web Services and knowledge of complex event based platforms like Flink, siddhi, or other event based streaming frameworks
- Expert in building microservice based architectures utilizing Domain Driven Designs with both Restful API’s and message driven event based platforms within data streaming environments
- You are a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to lead one or more development teams and organize technical activities within the Agile process
Other strongly preferred qualifications are:
- Experience in secure coding practices and coaching/reviewing within development teams
- Experience in building complex applications for low latency environments utilizing “In-Memory Databases”, distributed cache, “in-Memory” computing platforms systems like Hazelcast, Kafka, and Ignite
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Advanced knowledge developing REST APIs and micro-services with Docker deployments along with memory and performance management, instrumentation, and construction of fault tolerance features for application resiliency
- Experience with relational, NoSQL, and event streaming database implementations (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka)
- Advanced use of ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Kibana, Beats, Logstash) and consumption of XML, JSON, XSLT document types
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Principal Java Software Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Mirre Sengers, Senior Recruiter on firstname.lastname@example.org.