Are you looking to develop your career in data analysis and process improvement, specifically in the operations of baggage handling systems in airports, and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth and thrive on achievement?
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on the quality of our service delivery to our customer by ensuring a high performance baggage flow operations for the entire airport, while developing a prosperous career in a fast-paced international environment.
As Process Engineer, you are responsible for analysing the performance of the baggage handling system, making regular reports with usable insight, communicating the outcome with internal/external stakeholders, and evaluating the results to improve the system and process.
You are responsible of making sure the performance evaluation and improvement of the performance of the system is made as determined in the service contract. You will be detecting the possible bottlenecks before causing delays and increasing the efficiency of the system, decreasing down time and maximizing flow.
You will contribute to all root cause analysis, coordinate the changes and lead the problem management. You will develop and create Splunk-based dashboards, using the data sets, templates and standardization in order to increase the performance of the system.
You will evaluate data of performance indicators and help selling improvement possibilities to customer. You initiate and implement revisions, modifications and, retrofits (RMR).
In this function, you are member of the local performance team and will report to the Performance Manager Istanbul Airport.
Your qualifications and skills
As an enthusiastic data analyst you have the following skills;
- Analytical abilities together with a customer centric approach
- Listening and ability to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization (global) and with all levels of customers
- Strong advising, presentation, and interpersonal skills as a mature sparring partner for local management at an operational and tactical level
- Organisational sensitivity
- Planning & organizing, ability to thrive in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Systematic thinking
- Result orientation
- Self-motivation with an entrepreneurial mindset and continuous improvement approach
You should also have:
- A bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study (Computer sciences, electrical / electronical engineering, etc.)
- 1 to 3 years (international) experience of business or system analysis, data mining, business intelligence
- An advanced level of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with data analysis tools SQL, Splunk, QlikView etc.
- Knowledge of regular expressions
- At least basic knowledge on the ITIL methodologies as well as Lean and Six Sigma
- Excellent communication skills, writing and speaking, in Turkish and in English language
- Preferably a background in automated handling systems and / or a similar airport system
- Residency in Istanbul or will to move there, within commuting distance of the new airport
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then you may apply now by completing the application with your CV and covering letter.