Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Responsible for executing continuous performance optimizations related to our (automated) logistics solutions in use by our customers as well as of the O&M services provided by the service team.
- Work with colleagues and customers to analyze data and logistics processes and the automation solution to make improvement proposals for the total logistics process in both systems and operational and maintenance terms.
- Quantify benefits of proposed improvements by utilizing data analytics (industry standard metrics such as payback period, ROI, etc.).
- Clearly report to external and internal customers on status of system and operations and come up with usable insights;
- Act at an operational and tactical level by presenting the benefits of system and operational improvements through business cases, reports, workshops, etc in a convincing and constructive way to internal and external customers.
- Drive implementation of (system and operational) improvements and solutions within the team and towards the customer and provide proof of positive impact of these.
- Innovate new solutions and prevent future problems.
- Develop tools and methods to measure performance.
- Provide ongoing operational support to colleagues as well as the client during incidents.
- Provides support outside of normal business hours to 24/7 Airport Operations. Support will include but not limited to:
- Analysis of operational processes on site
- Support during testing/integration phase to project.
- Create workarounds to incidents until the incident is resolved.
- Input to develop post incident lessons learned.
- Lead all root cause analysis and provide written analysis as well as presentations.
- Develop and provide process documentation and operating instructions to team members.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Logistics, Engineering or Industrial Engineering & management
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in a logistical/technical/operations/manufacturing or process driven environment
- Advanced user with Microsoft Excel and Intermediate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Continuous improvement work experience including Lean Six Sigma, TPM
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% domestically and some international
- Must possess a passport
- Work experience in airport environment is an asset
- Experience with advanced data analytics tools and BI tools like Splunk
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) both within the organization (global) and with all levels of customers
- Strong analytical abilities, together with a customer centric approach
- Takes initiative and make decisions.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Works systematically, continuously improving processes for self and department
- Strong Experience with databases, spreadsheets and data analytics environments
- Can think creatively and in conceptual terms
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday
This position supports sites with 24/7 operations; untraditional hours may be necessary.
This position requires up to 10% travel (especially first year) both domestic and international: passport required.
This position has no direct reports.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.