Do you want to take the lead in the continuous improvement of our baggage process automation at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and for other world leading customers? Are you the direct sparring partner for our customers and our colleagues relating to the optimization of complex logistic processes? Then we’re looking for you!
What you will be doing?
As Process Engineer you’ll be responsible for executing process optimizations related to our (automated) logistics solutions in use by our customers. You will be focused on Schiphol but might be required to manage several smaller accounts independently and systematically, and draw up plans to serve the customer needs both in the Airport and Parcel industry. Together with the customer and colleagues, you’ll measure the performance of the customers process using (data) analysis.
Further responsibilities in your role:
- You will advise and make improvement proposals for the total process in both system, technical and operational terms.
- You will execute root-cause analyses for complex system errors as well as performance improvement studies and continuous improvement services.
- As a part of your work on continuous improvement, you actively identify and generate leads for modifications and extensions from the field and translate these into customer business cases.
- Where requested you also support with the implementation of the improvements. While doing, you will build a strong network within the service team as well as with the client.
- You will also develop tools and methods to measure and monitor system and process performance.
What do we ask from you?
As Process Engineer you’re able to act on operational, tactical and strategic level, and you know how to present the benefits of a specific solution in a convincing and constructive way. You have an entrepreneurial approach in which you are responsible to take the initiative and make decisions. You have excellent communication skills and you are able to build good relationships with our customers. Furthermore:
- You bring a bachelor/ master degree and several years of relevant working experience in a similar role where you gained sufficient experience to call yourself a Process Engineer Specialist
- You are able to work independently
- You're a solid stakeholder manager
- You would like or you have some experience with leading (small) project teams
- You know how to generate sales activity through continuous improvement proposals
- You are convincing and persuasive meaning you know how to get customers and your team on board
- Good command of English and fluent in Dutch
About the Team
As one of Europe’s major hubs, Schiphol airport provides service to nearly 65 million passengers a year. To maintain and improve this incredible result year after year, Schiphol relies on a vast number of highly streamlined process, in a dynamic 24/7 service environment, covering all facets of airport operations.
Within this complex network of processes, Vanderlande Service Team Schiphol is responsible for maintenance and optimization of a significant part the baggage handling system. You will be working in a team of other Process Engineers located at Schiphol and will work together with other departments in the company such as R&D, Global Service Operations and Asset Management.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
At Vanderlande, you can develop your career, satisfy your ambitions, aspire to new heights, while enjoying personal growth and thriving on achievement.
In the challenging and responsible position of Process Engineer you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
This position offers a competitive salary range of €4.100,– to €5.200,- gross per month. Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Training opportunities.
- Personal Health budget of EUR 300 net.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
If this role appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter.
For more information on the position, please contact Juliëtte van Kraaij, Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or via +31 4 13 495 181.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.