In the platform based company Vanderlande, the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions is driven by a demanding global market that needs more advanced solutions, both in automation as well as enhancing manual operation. The Product Manager Warehouse Solutions is a role to actively participate in realizing the global Business Unit strategy and platform based solution roadmaps.
In your role as Product Manager, you have business responsibility for the AIRTRAX and conveyor portfolio. You own the roadmap, the requirements, the supporting business cases and you are the driver of profitable and sustainable product lifecycles, from ideation till end of life. Key starting points in your role are the business strategy and market segment roadmaps, that are prepared and prioritized by the market segment strategy teams.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain long-term roadmaps, from an outside-in commercial point of view;
- Define and maintain the AIRTRAX and conveyor portfolios through effective stakeholder management during the entire life cycle, while pro-actively initiating continuous improvements, driving profitability and sustainability;
- Develop business case content on variant selection, features and functionality;
- Develop a thorough understanding of the (financial) commercial and operational performance of the AIRTRAX and conveyor portfolios;
- Collect and analyze market and competitive insights as input for improvement of the competitive positioning of the AIRTRAX and conveyor portfolios;
- Keep track of technological developments at third party vendors, as input for improvement of the competitive positioning of the AIRTRAX and conveyor portfolios;
- Organize the launch of AIRTRAX and conveyor solutions, after accepting all deliverables of the R&D teams for a seamless delivery to the project sales and deployment organizations;
- Be the single point of contact for validation of sales projects, in relation to the committed roadmaps.
- Be the tactical intermediate between the business and R&D for on time, within budget and up-to-spec delivery to the sales and deployment organization;
- Operate in cross functional teams, working together to integrate the various needs for successful deployment and lifecycle management;
The Product Manager is part of the Strategy and Marketing department of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions. This team drives the end to end commercial development: with the translation of the Vanderlande strategy into segment strategies and market approach, as well as solution design and deployment. It drives marketing on the basis of our value propositions and ultimately steers the organization for commercial excellence.
- Creative mindset, strong commercial focus, ability to translate commercial needs into complex products;
- Influencing skills: building relationships and stakeholder management across different departments and influence stakeholders in non-hierarchical leadership style;
- Ability to challenge the status quo, and drive focused change;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience in product management of high-end investment goods or solutions, with a large OT and IT portion;
- Ability to translate business needs into a longer term roadmap which can be executed in small steps, and prioritize according to business value and impact;
- Very strong in filtering information and knowing when to dive into detail and when to stay on higher abstraction level;
- Proven analytical, result-driven and pragmatic problem-solving skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization;
- Master’s degree in a technical and/or business management
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-20%) and excellent command of English.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Product Manager Warehouse Solutions appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information about the position, you can contact Herman Vincent, Director Product Management.
For more information about selection process please contact Joost van den Eijnden, Recruiter. Tel. +31413 49 88