JOB DESCRIPTION – PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER – Electrical, Mechanical, or Electromechanical
Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative & customer-focused environment to determine and translate customer needs into simple and effective design solutions, provide accurate time estimates, support various teams with product and application information & best practices. We are looking for individual with a technical background in mechanical or electrical engineering.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Become intimately familiar, based on area of expertise, with the mechanical, electrical, and/or electromechanical operation of the equipment.
- Become familiar with each key account and their differing requirements for equipment and equipment application.
- Support the Sales Team in evaluating and surveying potential sites and projects where specialty equipment can potentially be used – either in VI integrated projects or equipment only sales.
- Support Supply Chain and Manufacturing in addressing issues with the equipment and serve as a liaison between the US Engineering Support Office (ESO) and Veghel ESO, R&D and PLM teams in identifying potential manufacturing issues, improvements, modifications, or potential cost reductions – including those driven by the customer.
- Support Mechanical and/or Electrical Project Engineering in any integration issues that that may arise with these products.
- Support Project and Site Management teams on projects where the equipment is used by addressing technical issues with respect to installation, integration, startup, etc.
- Support Supply Chain in the localization efforts for non-US designed equipment.
- Writing and maintaining assembly, installation, operation, and maintenance manuals and checklists.
- Verification of ESoT library functionality and accuracy prior to release.
- Receive product development requests from project, site and supply chain teams and articulate via comprehensive documentation to development teams.
- Assist in product development project prioritization and planning.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering technology (or equivalent).
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical or electrical product design, mechanical/electrical project engineering or systems engineering in the material handling or related industry
- Understanding of material handling system (specifically conveyor system) design and operation.
- Understanding of industrial electrical wiring concepts and practices.
- Understanding of OSHA requirements.
- If mechanical background, understanding of pneumatic system design, operation and component functionality and understanding of structural analysis.
- If electrical background, understanding of control panels, PLCs, and UL508A.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Rapidly adapts to changes and is solution oriented
- Knowledge of time management; scheduling.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Understand privacy rules and follows protocol.
- Being professional and courteous in all verbal and written communications with co-workers, vendors, superiors and customers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks Composer.
- Knowledge of the metric and imperial measurement systems.
- Knowledge of technical drawing reading, welding symbols and processes, material properties, and machine design.
- Knowledge of engineering science/technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of manufactured parts.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and standards involved in production of precision technical drawings and 2D & 3D CAD models.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Understanding of product data/document lifecycle management software
- Understanding of mechanical hardware types & applications
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, flex hours are available. Work can start anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and end between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. with a required 1 hour lunch break.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.