The Project Buyer will be accountable for project procurement, subcontract administration, supplier management and commercial risk management.
Working for the business across departments you are responsible for purchasing Third Party Equipment and Services from suppliers all over the world.
This Role will be accountable for ensuring that projects are controlled and protected from commercial risk including contract negotiation. They will be involved in project delivery environment creating effective and good working customer/supplier relationships to ensure productive relationships and having a proactive approach towards Supply Chain management whilst maintaining strong partnerships with subcontractors.
Your responsibilities and activities will be:
- Determine, present, and implement the Procurement Plan for your projects based on solid analysis of amongst others the main contract, the needs of the project team and the category/sourcing strategy.
- Provide input, if requested, during the sales phase to assist the sales team in producing competitive but robust budget proposals and realistic first draft project supply plan.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Select suppliers in conjunction with the Project Manager, project leader for engineering and contracts manager.
- Execute the RFQ process, negotiate the terms and conditions, contract suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage OTIF (On Time In Full) delivery according with the project plans.
- Manage project performance of contracted suppliers.
- Support Contracts Manager in developing and maintaining supply base to meet long term strategic objectives
- Commercial management of complex engineering projects
- Supplier and subcontractor management including pre and post contract, relationship management, procurement, and tendering
- M&E experience advantageous
- Experience in a project’s organisation working closely with Project managers, project planners, engineering, and other stakeholders.
- Purchasing experience within a dynamic and international environment.
- Purchasing (creation, monitoring, and expediting)
- Good negotiating, contracting and procurement skills.
- BSc, BA degree in Business, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- CIPS Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply accreditation or working towards
- Technical (electro mechanical) training
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva