We are seeking a detailed-oriented, thorough, and organized Project Buyer to join our Procurement Project Execution Team. The Project Buyer is responsible for the procurement and subcontracting of 3rd party designed equipment and site installation labor that will be incorporated in our client’s material handling systems for small to very large projects in North America. Must be able to work effectively and independently in a dynamic, complex environment. He/she will work closely together with the team of Project Buyers, Contract Manager, as well as the Project Team. The position will report to the Team Lead, Project Execution.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Implement supply chain strategies for Project Procurement that is consistent with our customers business plan (Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy)
- Support and maintain a Supply Base that builds long term strategic relationships with key supply partners that provide Vanderlande with a competitive advantage within the material handling system market
- Analyze, create, and implement innovative supply opportunities and strategies that enhance the market position and/or profitability on a local and global level
- Draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with Corporate Counsel
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Establish and maintain the Supply Plan for all 3rd party equipment in the execution phase of a project
- Attend weekly progress meetings and report the status updates of all 3rd party equipment
- Support and collaborate with Project Engineering and Execution team to minimize total project risk and cost
- Coordinate procurement activities, global strategies, and management system procedures with North America organization
- Incorporate work instructions associated with Project Procurement and supervise the archival, sharing and protection of critical project communication documents related to Project Procurement
- Execute ethical principles and standards of Procurement practices to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent preferred.
- 4 – 6 years of progressive experience (Sourcing, S&OP, Logistics and Operations) in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Contract writing experience, knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
- Prior experience in the Material Handling Systems industry or similar (Construction/Contracting or Engineering industry) is advantageous
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural
- Ability to work simultaneously in multiple software systems
- APICS (Association or Operations Management) certification (CPM or related) preferred
- Experience moving seamlessly between cultures
- Tough–minded, results–oriented attitude
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Creative, out of box, thinker
- Strong communication and decision–making skills
- Drive and ambition to elevate the department to higher levels
- Confidence take charge mentality, hands–on
- Experience with MS office and ERP systems
- Willingness to travel 10% domestic and international
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.