Accountable for ensuring that projects are controlled and protected from commercial risk including contract negotiation.
Build Reputation with Customers and suppliers
Working within a project delivery environment. Create effective and good working customer/supplier relationships to ensure productive relationships. Proactive approach towards Supply Chain management whilst maintaining strong partnerships with subcontractors.
Drive to Win
Ability to strive to reach goals within tight timescales and demonstrate perseverance and decisiveness. Being results orientated whilst following industry recognised practices.
Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with
project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support
functions and wider stakeholders – promoting project engagement and successful delivery against project objectives.
Every day better
Continuously improve upon own and others commercial management disciplines,
community development and best practices to help support better individual and
business wide project delivery.
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within project delivery through championing
and encouraging a safety first culture down through the supply chain.
- Determine, present and implement the Procurement Plan for your projects based on solid analysis of amongst others the main contract, the needs of the project team and the category/sourcing strategy.
- Provide input, if requested, during the sales phase to assist the sales team in producing competitive but robust budget proposals and realistic first draft project supply plan.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Select suppliers in conjunction with the Project Manager, project leader for engineering and contracts manager.
- Execute the RFQ process, negotiate the terms and conditions, contract suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage OTIF (On Time In Full) delivery according with the project plans.
- Manage project performance of contracted suppliers.
- Support Contracts Manager in developing and maintaining supply base to meet long term strategic objectives.
- Commercial management of complex engineering projects
- Supplier and subcontractor management including pre and post contract, relationship management, procurement and tendering
- M&E experience advantageous
- Experience in a projects organisation working closely with Project managers, project planners, Engineering and other stakeholders.
- 3 years of purchasing experience within a dynamic and international environment.
- Purchasing (creation, monitoring, and expediting)
- Good negotiating, contracting and procurement skills.
- BSc, BA degree in Business, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- CIPS Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply accreditation or working towards
- Technical (electro mechanical) training
- Excellent communications skills; strong people skills, team player. Able to communicate easily across different hierarchical levels.
- Strong commercial and contractual skills.
- Able to handle stressful, time sensitive situations and quickly set the right priorities, while maintaining a firm grasp of the details.
- Strong computer skills, excellent MS Office skills
- Confidence, “take charge mentality”, hands on
- Experience working in a project driven organisation
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.