Are you a purchasing professional with experience in the field of (project) procurement and do you feel completely at home in a dynamic and driven high-tech project environment? Then we are looking for you!
What will you be doing?
The focus in this job is on procuring for complex Automation projects in the EMEA region, in the domains Airports, Parcel or Warehousing. As a Project Buyer, you are responsible for purchasing Third Party Equipment and Services from suppliers all over the world.
Your role within the projects is critical and thus also requires close cooperation with other departments. During the implementation phase of a project you will form an integral part of the project team and will be responsible for the correct scope definition, requests for quotations and ultimately for contracting suppliers.
You are a sparring partner for the Project Manager and you will manage the risks of the procurement part of your projects.
Responsibilities of the Project Buyer
- Determine, present and implement the Procurement Plan for your projects based on solid analyses of amongst others the main contract, the needs of the project team and the category/sourcing strategy.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Select suppliers in conjunction with the Project Manager, project leader for engineering and category/sourcing managers.
- Execute the RFQ process, negotiate the terms and conditions, contract suppliers.
- Manage project performance of contracted suppliers.
- Manage OTIF (On Time In Full) delivery according with the project plans.
What do we ask from you?
- A university degree or bachelor (Dutch WO/HBO) in a technical, purchasing or supply chain related subject.
- 10 years of purchasing experience within a dynamic and international environment.
- Experience in a projects organization would be nice.
- Technical affinity and good stakeholder management skills.
- Strong commercial and contract skills.
- High operational involvement and you are proactive and decisive.
- Willing to travel abroad incidentally (up to 10%)
- Good communication skills and a mastery of Dutch and English.
About the team
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
At Vanderlande, you can develop your career, satisfy your ambitions, aspire to new heights, while enjoying personal growth and thriving on achievement.
Project Procurement is part of the Operations Department and is closely cooperation with the (Global) Supply Chain department. Flexible execution of projects depends on a strong supply chain. Quality, capacity, short lead times and on-time delivery are key, as are competitive prices, high flexibility and committed suppliers.
For projects, the Project Procurement team is responsible for tactical and operational procurement. The team supports projects in all phase (sales, execution and service) and focuses on first-time-right budgeting, early supplier allocation and the identification of opportunities and risk avoidance.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Project Buyer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 4.600 to € 5.900 per month. Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
- Working from home allowance.
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance.
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
If the role of Project Buyer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter.
For more information on the position, please contact Michelle van der Schoot, Senior Recruiter, via +31 413 495 241.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.