- Implements, promotes and maintains Vanderlande Site Safety Plan
- Conducts safety inductions for all Vanderlande and Subcontracted Site Staff
- Coordinates and assures that all Vanderlande and Subcontracted staff is inducted in customers (Amazon or others) safety plan
- Executes daily and weekly safety inspections, reports and corrects findings
- Checks and assures that Vanderlande subcontractors have all required permits to work, assist subcontractors in obtaining these.
- Assures that daily toolbox talks are executed, signed by workers and filed.
- Organizes and executes weekly safety discussion for Vanderlande Site Team.
- Collects worked hours Vanderlande and subcontracted staff and generate monthly reports,
- Investigates and reports any incidents by Vanderlande and subcontracted staff.
- Assists in generating Job Hazard Analyzes (JHA) and Work Method Statements (WMS).
- Participates in Customer (Amazon or others) Safety Meetings and is actively involved in the execution safety program.
- Manages drug and alcohol program on site (if applicable)
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- A four-year degree in Safety and Health or equivalent is preferred with at least three (3) years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years’ experience in building construction
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- OSHA 10 and 30-hour certification
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
- Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and lead the implementation of corrective actions
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite programs
- Demonstrated management, leadership, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and train others
- High School Diploma, Technical degree preferred
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Ability & willingness to travel up to 75% (domestic or international)
- Safety awareness for the assigned scope
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Knowledge of software like IndustrySafe, or others
- Contractor management experience
- Project planning and site organization experience
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position
This position requires up to 75% travel
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Safety training will take place at active construction sites, manufacturing and warehouse sites, or in an office environment. The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Substantial to extensive amounts of standing and walking.
- Will talk and can hear to communicate.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and may occasionally work from platforms/scaffolding using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Working in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE.
- frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration and high noise levels.
- Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, leather gloves and leather steel-toed work boots.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.