Vanderlande is the global market leader in Airport & Parcel Solutions, and sorting systems for Warehouse Solutions.
Working within the Project Delivery team for Airport & Parcel Solutions, the Project Coordinator will support the Project Manager through the delivery of complex automation system projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging airport and parcel environments. Furthermore, they will deliver against the PMO function in relation to project governance, project boards, dashboards and project portfolio management.
The project coordinator will be flexible, self-reliant, driven, and will provide ownership in coordinating and managing project work package activities into the delivery of each project from customer order through to final acceptance. These activities could be (but not limited to); planning, procurement, commercial (contract and financial), documentation, stakeholder management and other supporting activities. This is an ideal development role for those looking to develop into future project management roles.
- Support a safe working environment by championing and encouraging a safety-first culture.
Drive to Win
- From time to time act as the Project Manager’s delegate – act with enough confidence and project knowledge to field questions, resolve minor issues and take actions.
- Coordination of sub-contract and commercial activities including; raising purchase order requests, including the reconciliation of costs and receipting purchase orders. Support the generation of work package activities – including commercial documents.
Every Day Better
- Use standard project management methodologies and tooling to improve the quality of work and delivery process.
- Conduct governance and assurance activities to ensure projects are delivered in line with the Vanderlande project management process. Generate and track deliverables against the programme and stage gate process.
- Arrange, prepare and attend project boards, take minutes and capture actions.
- Support the Project Manager with project control and reporting activities by monitoring and reporting on cost, time and quality performance as well as resourcing and HSEQ. Identify deviations and take actions where appropriate.
- Work with engineering, integration and construction teams to collate project data for reporting purposes.
- Undertake time sheet analysis and project travel & expense bookings.
- Proactively update documentation, including the coordination of document release schedules, collating data, managing trackers and dashboards, certifications, qualifications and training.
- Take ownership for packages of work, by planning, coordinating and leading individuals, groups, or external suppliers to deliver for the benefit of the project.
- Work with departments to solve problems and ensure the project is performing as expected (to cost, time and quality). Identify deviations in projects, analyse potential problems, propose solutions and shares with stakeholders.
- Manage the portfolio of projects so that the business has complete visibility of all the projects it is undertaking.
- Organise, attend and minute take meetings (internal, sub-contractor and customer). Proactively chase team members to complete their actions, including taking responsibility for own actions.
- Contribute to the positive welfare of self and others.
- Propose and contribute to measures that minimise Vanderlande’s impact on the environment.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Contribute to helping the business to comprehend our customers’ business activities and logistic processes as fully as possible, so that we can provide solutions that help them to succeed and improve their competitiveness.
Essential and Desirable Experience
- Confident, outgoing and personable individual.
- Strong team player.
- Proactive hands on approach.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to coordinate and prioritise multiple projects within a fast-moving environment.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to follow procedures and maintain accurate records.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Adept in the build and use of MS SharePoint, MS Teams and MS Power Platform applications.
- Familiarity of using an Electronic Document Management System.
- Nationally recognised Project Management or PMO qualification.
Please note that UK travel will be necessary along with a valid UK driving licence. Some occasional overseas travel may be required.
Experience of airport baggage handling or parcel systems is not required as extensive training will be provided.