JOB TASKS AND DUTIES
An experienced Project Director with a proven track record in the successful completion of large projects with experience in Material Handling Systems, General Construction or other related Construction.
- Oversees administrative, contractual, technical and financial control of all assigned projects.
- Organizes the project teams and develops effective relationships; supervises and mentors Project Managers .
- Coordinates, provides leadership and develops multi-disciplined project teams and sub-contractors; promotes effective interactions among many departments.
- Serves as a proactive leader and problem solver, in addition to coaching and mentoring all direct reports and assisting in complex issues and situations as they arise.
- Implements improvements in project execution that can enhance quality and performance, or reduce costs or risks.
- Ensures that our client’s delivery meets all aspects of customer system contract performance, including functional specifications, system performance, scheduling, and staffing. Internal requirements on cost control, accounts receivables, profitability and improving customer relations must be met as well.
- Assists with training, supervising and evaluating the performance of all reporting employees. Works with other department managers in reference to the needs and performance of members on the project teams.
- Gets involved in project problem analysis, decision-making, financial review meetings and technical review meetings.
- Acts as the primary interface with customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS in Engineering plus 10 years Project Manager experience; experience with $50M plus projects. Preferably in the Material Handling Industry.
- Excellent and proven leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, independent decision-making ability.
- Logical thinker with high business acumen “Thinks Big Picture”.
- Experience managing a team of at least 3 PM’s.
- Exposure to European and American cultures is a plus.
- Clear understanding of setting and monitoring objectives.
- Excellent ability to negotiate.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Sound knowledge of Contract Law.
- Approximate 30-40% travel required.
- PMP Certification is preferred