Vanderlande’s Service RMR Department is responsible for the planning and implementation of complex material flow systems as well as their refurbishments, extensions and modifications that require professional project execution skills. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding. The Project Estimator – Warehouse Solutions RMR leads the installation estimating efforts for all WS service revision projects for accurate pricing of automated material handling system upgrades or modifications in North America. The Project Estimator sets the preconditions and creates the environment in which his colleagues can perform and accelerate, in projects and on a personal level.
- Create detailed cost estimates inclusive of installation hours and materials for mechanical and electrical installations associated with WS Material Handling Equipment (MHE) service projects (Retrofits, Modifications or Revisions)
- Complete material take-offs for projects and retrieve competitive pricing
- Requests material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers. Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote specifications and accuracy of quotes received
- Collaborate with Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to develop
- Scope of Work definitions for subcon work packages (mech & elect)
- Tender response exceptions/exclusions
- Technical response for client proposals
- Project schedules
- Conduct field surveys
- Lead Subcon Vendor meetings as well as participating in bid meetings
- Review and evaluate Subcon Vendor quotations for mech and elect installation works
- Works with Sales, Engineering, Operations and other departments during sales phase and execution phase of projects
- Work with Supply Chain to cultivate and maintain working relationships with Subcontractors, suppliers, vendors
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while considering specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed
- Support the development of the Site Management Installation Team including Training, Coaching, and Mentoring
- Work closely with the Site and Safety Management Teams, to further develop the VI safety culture
- Work closely with other parts of the VI organization (Engineering, Planning, Project Management, Supply Chain, Procurement) to develop KPIs, process improvements initiatives to enhance performance
- Develop plans to increase key Warehouse and Parcel product knowledge.
- Other duties as required to fulfil the responsibilities above.
- Travel to various job sites is required (including international)– could be up to 25%.
- Proven track record and experience in position of estimating hours and materials associated with the delivery of complex projects and systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an electrical and/or mechanical estimator in a similar field
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Member of AACE or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field
- Material handling system experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Knowledge of industry standard estimation software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- International and multicultural awareness
- Resource planning and site organization
- Safety awareness on the project managers level
- Analytical and strategic
- Pro-active and decisive
Vanderlande Industries is a leading global supplier of turnkey material handling systems for airport baggage handling and the distribution, parcel and postal markets. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer and System Integrator of all our material handling solutions. Vanderlande offers engineering, design, installation, and operations, as well as maintenance services. Our North America headquarters is in Marietta, GA and serves the US, Canada, and Mexico.
You will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, etc. We offer a full-time position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. A training program will be set up based on your personal ambition and executed in close cooperation with the Vanderlande Academy.
Besides your primary salary you will receive the following benefits:
- Training Plans
- Health plan
- 401k plan & employer matching