Project Excellence and Support Manager.
Head of Project Execution WS UK
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services and automated materials handling in the warehouse sector. Working within the project execution team, the Project Excellence and Support Manager UK will lead a team of project specialist roles to provide efficiency, ensure quality and drive excellence across all our projects in execution. You will manage PMO, Planning, Information Management as well as project coordination and admin functions, to deliver complex automation projects into dynamic, evolving, and challenging Airport, Parcel, and Warehouse environment.
- Being an expert within the within the field of project management and project execution you will provide efficiencies through the processes and tooling that will in turn be the basis for best practice governance and control across the project lifecycle in conjunction with the Global Centre of Excellence.
- As a senior member of the execution leadership function you will provide, guidance and advice to escalated issues and mentorship to team.
- In interfacing suppliers and departments that sit adjacent to the execution function you will provide, guidance, advice and maximise opportunities for partnership and a smooth transition through sales, delivery and service ensuring the information capture, flow and maintenance is optimised to provide a world class customer experience
- Support the projects through assigning resources and aligning skills to projects through the planning, project coordination and administraton, and information management functions. Recruiting to support skills shortages as appropriate.
- Support and facilitate the development of project execution strategy aimed at maturing our execution and embedding the highest standards.
- Support and facilitate the development of accurate forecasting and reporting on all aspects of project performance.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations (internally and externally) are exceeded and differentiate.
Drive to Win
- In conjunction with our CoEx create and imbed a simplified, optimised, and efficient system of governance, control and communication that facilitates transparency and partnership as part of the differentiation of customer experience in our industry.
- Support colleagues in pursuit of and execution of projects. Providing creative solutions to delivery of complex systems that reduce waste, maximise efficiency and fundamentally shift our competitive advantage with a positive impact on our clients and sub suppliers experience of working with us.
- Coach and mentor colleagues at all levels with skillsets, knowledge, and experiences to compliment those that they already possess.
- Be an integral part of building a world class team that provides our customers with an industry leading experience, our sub suppliers with and incentive to prioritise work with us, and our colleagues an unbeatable experience in their career.
Every day better
- Continuously seek ways to improve self, colleagues, suppliers and ultimately the customer experience.
- Driving to be at the vanguard of industry wide best practice keeping Vanderlande out in front of a chasing pack. Simple, efficient, and reliable in all we do every day.
Safe Base & We Care
- Uncompromising in your drive and support of a safe working environment ensuring every customer, colleague and sub supplier remains safe throughout the all their interactions with our people and equipment.
- At least 10 years in the industrial, institutional, or commercial settings of automation, materials handling or construction sectors providing team supervision through direct or indirect management.
- Strong strategic thinker with analytical capabilities.
- Strong understanding of customer experience within our said sectors
- Expertise in project delivery.
- Proven track record in positive improvement on company efficiency through process and operating models.
- Solid understanding of information management systems from capture, flows and maintenance.
- Contract management (NEC or similar) and strong commercial awareness.
- Working both in the client and employee environment
- The candidate will should have-
- Strong communication skills working with at all levels and all stakeholders
- MS office skills
- In this post, there will be UK short term travel and occasional overseas travel.