Project Lead Engineer
As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Execute projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
- Execute the mechanical system design through to final handover to the customer
- Responsible for the system functionality and the technical quality of the material handling system.
- Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the engineering project team and responsible for the progress.
- Coordinate activities of engineering project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager, including subcontractors when part of the engineering team.
- Work closely with clients and subcontractors and with other Project Leaders (for example for loop sorters or HLC SW).
- Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans, including validation.
- Responsible for all information during the project, including complete project archiving.
- Create and/or oversee user manuals, documentation, training, and project evaluations.
- Report project progress and status to the Project Manager and Engineering Manager (Project Status Report including risks and opportunities).
- Monitor and control project budget.
- Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Execute the health and safety analysis and be responsible for the safety coordination during the engineering phase.
- Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
- Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
- Identify, initiate, and implement improvement activities.
- Drive, support, promote, and improve standardization platforms.
- Advise the Engineering Manager of needed improvements for project execution and proposing technical solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing and managing highly complex and large scale systems
- Project management experience
- Experience with integration and configuration management
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%
- Experience utilizing MS project, Primavera, or other scheduling software
- Knowledge of engineering theories and principles
- Proactive and hands on work ethic
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
- Pragmatic and capable to balance quality, lead time, costs, and technology
- Ability to lead a specialized team responsible for complex project(s)
- Motivator and trainer for coworkers
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.