Job location: Sydney, Australia
The Project Leader makes an important contribution to the success of a project of small to regular size and complexity.
Manage the technical solution:
- Coordinate the delivery of (sub-)systems with the right quality.
- Technically liaise with customers and other external parties.
- Steer the engineering project team towards maximum application of Vanderlande standards (platform) both internal and external.
- Execute the health and safety analysis and ensure implementation thereof in the design.
- Ensure scope compliance with relevant codes, regulations and standards.
- Support sales in bid and contract phase.
Manage the planning:
- Create the project plan / planning for engineering and organize accordingly.
- Report and manage planning updates throughout the whole project cycle.
- Make periodical Project Status Rapport, including risks and opportunities.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Analyse time estimates and challenge engineers to work efficiently.
Manage the budget:
- Develop and report financial estimates, and explains deviations.
- Create activities and budgets split ups.
- Manage scope modifications.
- Manage risks, create and realise opportunities to improve contribution margin.
Lead the team:
- Create the project engineering organisational chart and build the team accordingly.
- Guide the team while executing all project activities, including liaising with subcontractors.
- Provide technical support to the project team.
- Align the project execution with the Vanderlande process map.
- Coordinate closely with other disciplines and departments.
- Make improvement proposals of product, processes and tooling, and execute / lead these improvements.
- Perform project evaluation of the engineering scope, identify and report lessons learned.
- Manages projects (indication project size: up to 5M) with medium risk (several projects or small number of medium projects).
- Proven technology implemented in a less complex environment (minor integration problems / less complex running operation).
- Ensures projects are delivered within budget, on time and in accordance within specification and customers’ expectation.
- Draws up challenging project plan. Identifies possible risks in an early stage of the project.
- Self-reliant in drawing up and realising project plan. Manages quality, time, costs, provision of information.
- Mobilises our internal organisation.
- Tough negotiator with customer and subcontractors. Manages contract issues in a professional way.
- Manages stakeholders at any level, including senior management (in- and outside VI).
- Spots leads for business and capitalises on these opportunities
- Intermediate knowledge of customer processes in relevant market segments.
- Advanced understanding of material handling systems on a system level.
- Able to perform health and safety risk analysis on component and system level.
- Intermediate knowledge of industrial automation (LLC).
- Intermediate knowledge of business process automation (HLC).
- Intermediate knowledge of EM components, cabinets and field wiring.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering processes.
- Intermediate knowledge of scope management and project planning.
- Has business economics insight and is able to control project finance and budget for his own scope.
- Tertiary education in Engineering or Logistics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Committed and accountable.
- Pro-active and positive regarding changes and challenges.
- Creative and able to think outside the square.
- Flexible and proficient working both independently and as part of a team.
- A results oriented and driven leader.
- Analytical thinker.
- Willing to travel 50% of the time. This includes interstate and worldwide.