JOB DESCRIPTION – PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
This position exists to implement and control a trustworthy delivery and status update from the Acworth facility. Acting as a direct contact point for escalation, this position will collaborate with other functions to resolve issues of high complexity in support of customer requirements. Responsible for preparing and running operational performance measures in relation to key accounts. Needed ability to manage difficult conversations and convey project credibility and poise in adversarial situations. This position would be the focal point for the team that executes and monitors all aspects of Manufacturing and which will support each respective department in delivering a quality Supply Plan in support of all customer installation sites.
- Exceptional communication skills across multiple departments to ensure priority within the factory
- Active participation and understanding of the capacity planning process
- Develop and publish a standard delivery and status dashboard for all significant projects
- Ability to collaborate and influence effectively, creating needed buy-in on customer focus
- Ability to gather data and present information using a standard, clear and concise presentation format
- Willingness to participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of day-to-day operations
- Ability to deliver on complex situations that change week to week, with minimal oversight
- Utilize all IT system tools available for timely data input and update
- Communicate quarterly changes in published lead times upstream, based upon ship performance
- Act as an Auditor to help maintaining current ship dates in multiple systems and escalate differences
- Monitor factory and distribution center performance against request, first and final promise ship dates
- Escalate only the most complex issues to upper management
- Three years’ experience with Customer Service.
- Experience in Manufacturing / Supply Chain is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field a plus.
- Familiarity with the Project Management functions.
- Familiarity with ERP / JD Edwards / Hubble reporting a plus.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, Excel for data presentation.
- Flexible for corresponding travel between Marietta, Cartersville and Acworth, GA.
- Peer accountability for coverage when unexpected times out of the office are required.
- Maintain utmost professionalism in all types of communication from factory to management.
- Regular interaction with the following departments: System Sales, Project Management, Regional Operations, IT, Executive Leaders, Strategic Sourcing, Product Development, Commercialization Engineering, Estimating, Project Engineering, Customer Service Support, Installation, Finance and Tactical Planning/Buying.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, full-time schedule is subject to change based on business needs. Coverage through 6:00 PM EST may be a regular occurrence and Management will be flexible to the needs of the individual to start later accordingly.
This position requires less than 5% travel to neighboring cities where we have other facilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Noise levels of 90 decibels can be reached at certain times. Can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles while in manufacturing environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear on the manufacturing floor.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.