Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within the project execution team, the Project Manager will lead the delivery of complex automation and construction projects into dynamic, evolving, and challenging airport environment.
Leading cross functional and multidiscipline teams the Project Manager Obsolescence will be accountable for the scoping, pricing, scheduling and delivery of some complex legacy system improvement and prolongation activities as part of a large key account programme of works within the Heathrow Eastern Campus. The various Work Packs will have to be delivered through the full project lifecycle from solution development into design and on-site implementation, testing and handover to the on-site service teams. Maintaining a customer partnership and close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders will be critical to the role.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Achieve high performance on all facets of project delivery; starting with solutions development/scheme design (scoping, pricing, scheduling), into delivery with budgetary / contribution margins, triple constraints (scope, schedule and cost) and handover whereby ensuring benefits are realised into service and operation.
- Monitor and control the project, whilst facilitating accurate forecasting, and reporting on all project performance variables including resourcing requirements.
- Create effective and good working customer and stakeholder relationships internally and externally to ensure that expectations are aligned, whilst maintaining strong partnerships with subcontracted and customer’s primary Contractors.
- Through effective leadership and motivation drive project teams, internal support functions and sub-contractors to deliver high quality solutions against milestones and budgets.
- Provide mentoring and leadership for junior project managers. Using best practice, develop realistic, challenging, and robust project plans to ensure the project delivery is a success.
- Support the development of the business case, bids, whilst ensuring that the plan will realise project and business benefits.
- Manage project uncertainty through risk planning and issue management. Establishing and acting on appropriate mitigations and contingency plans.
- Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with cross-functional project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support functions and wider stakeholders – promoting project engagement and successful delivery against the project objectives.
- Continuously improve upon own and others project management disciplines, community development and best practices to help support better individual and business wide project delivery.
- Support a safe working environment within project delivery through championing and encouragement of a safety first culture.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required, UK travel may be necessary along with a valid UK driving licence
Role Qualification and Skills
- Managing complex projects with a value over £10M.
- Developing and coaching other project managers or junior team members.
- Working in some of the following environments: Construction or civil works (working as Principal Contractor),
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Systems engineering environment, managing delivery in-line with the V model.
- SDLC environment using waterfall
- Live operational environments
- Managing matrix and multidiscipline teams
- Experience in some of following technologies: Engineering or technical environment
- Understanding of PLC and SCADA functions
- Understanding of Information technology or software platform functions, like SAC/VIBES
- Electro/Mechanical Installations
- Material handling, processing or conveyor automation
- Construction Design Management (CDM 2015)
- Project Management qualification or relevant experience.
- Strong commercial awareness, including NEC3/4.
- APM qualified, NEC Contract qualifications, CDM qualified, CSCS White Management Card (Academically or Professionally qualified)
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva