The Project Manager is the primary interface with the customer and provides leadership to a multi-disciplined team as well as to subcontractors. This includes front line contacts with airport management, consultants and architects to understand the customer needs and translate them into solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about Project Management and wants to grow and develop within a company. This position will be based in our Atlanta, GA office and report to the Director of Project Management WP NA
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assume administrative, contractual, technical and financial control of the project, especially in Material Handling
- Organize the Project Team and develop effective relationships
- Lead a multi-disciplined team; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate concurrent activities, promote effective interactions among departments and provide the project team with leadership
- Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project
- Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements
- Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract
- Manage the project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves. This involves exercising profit responsibility for the total project
- Report monthly project status
- Interface with customer as primary contact
- Manage the multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Excellent and proven leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a track record of working effectively in a team environment that incorporates engineering and project management
- Proactive and hands on work ethic
- Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
- Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
- Proven willingness and ability to think creatively and stay current with industry trends, equipment and standards
- Promote effective interactions among many departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant Project Management experience managing engineering projects
- Entry level Project Manager with a track record in the successful completion of small engineering projects (3-4 projects around $1M.)
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Project Management
- Must be willing and able to travel 25%.
- Understanding of highly technical and mechanical baggage handling/ conveyor systems.
- Demonstrated familiarity working with consultants, contractors, and architects within Construction industry.
- Sound knowledge of contract law.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.