The Project Manager Supply (PMS) role is a key part of Supply Chain within Vanderlande. Their main focus is to secure supply chain requirements during the early phases of a project and guide the project for Supply Chain through the first stages. As Project Manager Supply, you guide sales on Value and R&O during the BID phase, secure agreements made during the sales, define and detail phase in a Supply Plan, and inform and manage your stakeholders including the Sales Project Leader, Project Leader, S&OP and Tactical Planner.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- SPOC for Sales and Project during SELL, DEFINE and DETAIL phase
- Facilitates the early forecast based on reference models
- Advise on defaults, non-defaults, and routing
- Advise on how to reach cost optimum
- Liaise with Network Planner for supply optimum
- Secure all requirements and data in the Supply Plan 2.0 tooling
- Set-up and facilitate lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in a Supply Chain related field of study
- Working experience (min. 2-5 years) in preferably a high-tech environment
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Supply Chain, Project Management and/or international work experience are a plus
- Drive to win, result and goal oriented with a hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management (Global Supply Network)
- Knowledge of customer processes in relevant market segments (Airports, Warehousing & Parcel): MCL
- Knowledge of Finances within Project and Supply Chain related to CM
- Knowledge of Vanderlande systems on Equipment, item level, FM and layout level
- Knowledge of adjacent processes (Physical Distribution, Sourcing, Material Planning, Quality, …)
- Knowledge of risk analyses (8D, FMEA)
- Able to collaborate easily with stakeholders
- Persuasiveness: Ability to get things done with peers and management by influence.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills with ability to influence and build consensus.
- Maintains cooperative and flexible work style.
- Initiative; takes over concerns proactively.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries with inter-disciplinary teams.
- Understands the importance of traceability throughout a process
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
This position requires up to 10% travel. Possible international travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Primarily office work. No heavy lifting required. Occasional project site visits require limited climbing of access stairs / ladders. Ability to observe site safety requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is dedicated to improving its customers’ business processes and competitive position. Vanderlande is an expert in automated material handling systems, which we mainly deliver to our customers by executing projects that focus on design, our own manufacturing, 3rd party supply and installation of these systems. Our systems and associated services enable fast, reliable, goods handling in distribution centers, parcel, and postal sortation facilities, as well as baggage handling at airports.
The Global Supply Chain organization plays a key role in the world-wide deliveries of products and services to Vanderlande solutions and consists of 3 Supply Chain Centers (SCC) in Europe (EU), North America (NA), and Asia Pacific (AP). Supply Chain Coordination North America is part of SCC NA and is responsible for coordinating these Vanderlande projects within Supply Chain.