As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are seeking a detailed-oriented, thorough, and organized Project Procurement Manager to join our Procurement Operations team. The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for the procurement and subcontracting of 3rd party designed equipment and site installation labor that will be incorporated in our client’s material handling systems for small to very large projects in North America. Must be able to work effectively and independently in a dynamic, complex environment. He/she will work closely together with the team of Project Buyers, Contract Managers, as well as the Project Team. The position will report to the Team Lead, Operations Procurement.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Implement supply chain strategies for Project Procurement that is consistent with our customers business plan (Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy)
- Support the Operations Installation Sourcing Manager to identify and onboard new subcontractors
- Support the process of supplier selection, meeting the defined needs of the Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy requirements
- Analyze, create, and implement innovative supply opportunities and strategies that enhance the market position and/or profitability on a local and global level
- Draft and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with Corporate Counsel and Contract Manager
- Works independently writing contracts with little to no guidance from manager
- Contribute during the sales phase, works closely with the sales team to manage the RFQ process for all Installation Services.
- Ability to read and understand the scope of work, help to reduce risk and scope gaps, evaluate proposals, and ensure the best price in coordination with Project Team
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Maintain the Supply Plan per project in corporation with the project team and members of Supply Chain
- Support and collaborate with Project Engineering and Execution team to minimize total project risk and cost
- Coordinate procurement activities for 3rd Party Procurement purchases
- Execute ethical principles and standards of Procurement practices to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent preferred
- 6-8 years of progressive experience (Sourcing, S&OP, Logistics and Operations) in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Contract writing experience, knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
- Prior experience in the Material Handling Systems industry or similar
- (Construction/Contracting or Engineering industry) is advantageous
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish fluently is advantageous
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural
- APICS (Association or Operations Management) certification (CPM or related) preferred
- Experience moving seamlessly between cultures
- Tough-minded, results-oriented attitude
- Ability to directly work with multiple reports and supervise concurrent tasks while effectively prioritizing and coordinating work assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Creative, out of box, thinker
- Strong communication and decision-making skills and ability to act as proactive ambassador for the department
- Drive and ambition to elevate the department to higher levels
- Confident take charge mentality, hands-on
- Experience with MS office and ERP systems
- Willingness to travel 10% domestic and international
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.