UK Quality Manager
Working within projects, in conjunction with the Information Management Team, Safety Team, and Quality Technicians, the Field Quality Advisor will be principally responsible for ensuring that Vanderlande are driving the quality management and assurance of all activities within project.
Conduct Training and awareness on quality related activities (including onboarding inductions where needed)
Emphasis will be placed on ensuring that all activities are conducted in alignment with the Vanderlande Process Map 2.0, Vanderlande and Sub-contractor quality (or other) plans, benchmark documents and installation instructions including ensuring relevant deliverables are available at the appropriate milestones.
The scope of the role will be in relation to monitoring and auditing:
- Project on-site activity
- Sub-contractor/supplier activities (such as manufacturing and installation)
- Sub-contractor/supplier pre-approval audits
The role will require travel within the UK to project sites or supplier’s sites as required.
The Field Quality Advisor will be responsible for development and confirming that, the Vanderlande and Sub-contractor quality plans comprehensively capture Vanderlande and customer specific requirements and will administer appropriate governance during the installation and manufacturing/supply processes.
Ensuring root cause analysis is carried out on non-conformances identified and tracking actions raised through audits and other tools through to closure
Driving a right first time & injury free culture of continuous improvement, elevating the safety and quality culture to ensure the project teams and supply base understand and implement good safety and quality assurance practices throughout the life cycle of the project – instilling a culture of prevention rather than detection in all areas
The Field Quality Advisor will be accountable for:
- Agree and confirm Supplier Quality plans
- Involved in development of Vanderlande Quality Plan(s)
- Ensure a comprehensive list of deliverables is created and inputting into that process (Vanderlande, Supplier/Sub-contractor and Customer)
- Ensure availability of installation instructions and benchmarking – both for Vanderlande activities and also sub-contractor activities /products (Documentation and/or visual standards)
Audit and Governance
- Creating audit plans
- Confirm correct issue documents in use
- Confirm adherence to installation instructions and benchmark documents
- Audit compliance to quality and other plans (internal and external)
- Confirm deliverables available at appropriate milestones
- Supplier audits (including monitoring the quality of the product and the product delivered by visiting supplier sites – e.g. by witnessing FAT tests)
- Project Site audits
- Close out of audit non-conformities to root cause
- Ensuring the logging, reporting and follow up of issues through appropriate tools (Omnitracker, Protrack, DCR etc)
- Logging, reporting and follow up on audit findings
- Ensuring containment and Root cause analysis for issues identified
- Assigning and estimating costs related to non-conformances
- Creating reports and analysis on audits and non-conformities and their status
- Carry out induction training related to quality aspects
- Carry out training as required on problem solving, root cause analysis
Build Reputation with Customers
The Field Quality Advisor will ensure that customer requirements are satisfied as defined by:
- deliverables definition and monitoring
- quality planning and ensuring those plans are applied
- responding quickly to customer concerns
- ensuring limited snags are identified by the customer through a proactive prevention approach
- Ensuring non-conformances are identified, contained and subsequently facilitating root cause analysis
Drive to Win
- Ownership of achievement to plans, understanding any gaps, and providing a central role in the local resolution method.
- Aiming for zero defects strategy
- Interaction & coordination between all stakeholders both, internal, sub-contractor/supplier and customer ensuring issues are resolved with all parties
Every day better
- Training and awareness of the “right first time” strategy with all concerned stakeholders and achieving “buy in” from those stakeholders.
- Being able to facilitate with team members proper root cause analysis and problem solving
- Liaison with Quality Technicians, Information management and H&S team
Safe Base & We Care
- Championing that the beneficial inter-relationship between safety and quality are the prime focus of site supervision.
- Being the site owner of continuous improvement on site through clear monitoring of targeted KPI’s, cross functional collaboration, and lessons learned.
- Always aiming for a Zero defects target
Experience and Qualifications
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), with appropriate qualifications and experience gained (ideally MCQI or CPQ but consideration will be given to PCQI)
- Auditing qualification (preferably Lead auditor)
- Significant Experience in a quality role in automotive, manufacturing or ideally a project environment
- Experience in working with management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001)
- Experience in working in quality in a project environment
- Interfacing with clients where appropriate, and chairing meetings locally as required. Adept at conflict resolution
- Very computer literate, capable of using MS outlook and office suite (familiarity with SharePoint would also be desirable).
- Able to collate data and generate the present reports.
- Experience auditing suppliers against relevant international standards
- Being process driven – having a clear understanding of a process approach
- Good communication skills
- Accurate, systematic, solutions and results-oriented, resourceful
- Flexible, responsible, sense of autonomy in understanding the requirements of your own work
- Be able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent management/knowledge of English language
- Willing to travel and work on location
- be analytical, cost-conscious and results-oriented, maintaining regular contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit strong leadership, be a good listener, and assertive not aggressive. Can balance competing priorities delivering sustainable quality improvements within pressing deadlines under pressure.