As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for an R&D Engineer II/Product Design Engineer that will be supporting the North America Warehouse Solutions team.
Vanderlande’s Product Development is responsible for the concepting, designing, specifying and launch of material handling equipment for our internal and external customers. In this position you will be responsible for executing and maintaining 3D product design of material handling system solutions.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
• Responsible for creating & maintaining VI USA Equipment Product lines, including supporting documentation
• Develop VI USA Equipment Product Drawings
• Be a resource for coordinating technical details with VI USA Supply Chain
• Make improvements to existing equipment designs
• Develop new products/product lines
• Create bills of material
• Occasional travel to manufacturing facilities and project sites to evaluate processes and design improvements
• Recognize potential issues and eliminate them during the design phase
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering with experience in sheet metal design using Solidworks (preferred) OR
- 2 years of experience in sheet metal design without a degree
• Understanding of AutoCAD
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and their limitations
• Understanding of welding types, procedures, and sizing
• Understanding of a variety of hardware
• Understanding of product data/document lifecycle management software
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of the metric system
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position requires up to 5-10% travel occasionally
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lift 50 pounds occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is requires sitting/standing in front of a computer in a stationary position for majority of the work-day. This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery (printers, etc.), Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.