Are you a great R&D Engineer?
So, let's talk.
We are looking for a talented individual to fill a position of Mechanical R&D Engineer in our team who will be responsible for the development of machinery for the different sectors of activity within Vanderlande (Airport, Warehousing, Parcel).
Who are we?
We are the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
At Vanderlande, we support our employees in developing their expertise. We provide them with the knowledge, the tools and above all we offer them our support to meet their ambitions.
Working for us also means collaborating with motivated people and developing solid relationships to jointly meet the challenges posed by international and stimulating projects.
As Mechanical R&D Engineer, your main responsibility will be: designing, developing, and managing the products and projects assigned to you. But also, ensuring the quality, the environment, and the safety standards in all processes..
Specific responsibilities in this role include, but not limited:
- Create efficient designs, adapted to client's needs with pre-established requirements;
- Improve products already manufactured in order to improve the quality and its characteristics through new knowledge and know-how;
- Coordinate project development phases and manage all the necessary documentation such as calculations, market studies, etc.;
- Evaluate, control and participate in the resolution of problems: find solutions to face the limitations in the production or use of the product;
- Perform tests or simulations on the prototypes before proceeding to production, with the aim of analyzing their operation and effectiveness;
- Prepare documentation associated with the machine during and after the completion of the project: During the internal level of the company, and then to deliver to the client as a reference support;
- Apply standards and directives of machines according to compliance with laws and ISO's, to ensure the safety and quality of the product.
- University degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical or Industrial Engineering ;
- At least 3 years experience with the design of machinery for the logistics sector or similar;
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks (Design and Simulation);
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Catalan is nice to have);
- Good knowledge of Office programs;
- Willing to travel;
- Car and driver license to travel to our factory 1h away from the office when needed;
- Enovia knowledge (nice to have).
Furthermore, as a team player with a strong analytical mindset, you are/have:
- A self starter who likes to take initiatives and innovate;
- Recognized for your organizational abilities and for being result-oriented;
- Good communication and project management skills.