Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world’s top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 7500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of 1.6 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation.
The company plans to double its size in the next 5 years as it has done in the last 5 years.
Vanderlande’s ability to serve clients arises from a broad platform of information, services and relationships across the globe, in combination with strong capabilities at the country and business line level. A key part of the platform is an integrated approach to talent development aligned with their business strategy. A key component of this strategy is the establishment of the Vanderlande Academy
Centre of Expertise Learning & Leadership
Learning & Leadership is a global organization for all People Development. The vehicle is the Vanderlande Academy with its purpose is to empower high performing, skilled and dedicated people to aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth and thrive on achievement. Learning & Leadership is part of the CoE Talent & Learning which includes Global Talent Acquisition and Global Talent Management to provide an integrated talent lifecycle.
Learning & Leadership is a global organization, in 3 regions; North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific. It consists of an international team with over 25 dedicated colleagues. This team works closely together with the Vanderlande Business Leaders, our global HR Business Partners, People Services, employees and a variety of trainers in- and outside of Vanderlande.
Our continued growth in the Region had created the need to establish a Regional Manager of Learning & Leadership to fuel the profitable growth through innovative learning interventions and support. Our Regional Heads of Learning align with Business Unit and Customer Centre HR Business Partners, People Services and Business Leaders to set a regional People Development Agenda that is the foundation of our strategic roadmap.
Reporting to the Director Global Learning & Leadership, the Regional Manager of Learning
- Serves as Strategic Business Partner for Business Leaders and Customer Centre HRBP for all People Development Needs in the Region.
- Foster a culture and framework of innovation and excellence in the Vanderlande learning environment.
- Responsible for aligning to the BU People Plan and the formation and execution of the Regional Learning Plan through our Service Delivery Model in alignment with People Services.
- Responsible for building Learning Networks, connecting stakeholders, subject matter experts and the global CoE team.
- Analyse Learning Needs and design, in partnership with Program Managers, Learning Consultants and Content & Media Developers, the appropriate interventions. Leads global and regional projects as part of the strategic roadmap.
- Ensures measurement and reporting on regular basis, initiate and empowers actions and improvements (facts based) where required, measure results to show tangible benefits.
- The Regional Head of Learning is member of the global Leadership Team. Based on this membership, the person contributes to the realization of the strategy and by extension to the implementation of Vanderlande’s strategy.
- Manages a team of Learning Consultants who have both a regional as well as global scope.
Having seen all facets of people development, from training design and delivery to strategy formation and execution, you are a seasoned professional with a track record in learning & leadership development. You thrive in a fast‐paced environment, have a strong drive to win and become better every day. You are able to build strong relationships and build bridges across the organization with a strong sense of emotional and cultural intelligence. You are an instinctive collaborator who provides a safe base, values teamwork and the input of others. You have a proactive can-do mentality and are able to balance conceptual thinking with pragmatism in the ability to translate strategy to value.
We are an inclusive organization and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Master degree in Learning and Development, Educational Science, I&O Psychology or Human Resource Management/Development with a working understanding of learning technologies.
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in organizational learning and development in complex technical multinational context. Experience in consultancy is a pre.
- Entrepreneurial systems thinker with experience in LMS/LXP ecosystems. Experience with Workday Talent & Learning is a pre.
- Excellent influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent English on native level is essential to be successful.
- Assertive, proactive, tenacious, cultural intelligence.
- International travel approx. 30%.
- The position will be based in Marietta, Georgia, USA
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.