Vanderlande is the market leader in efficient logistics process automation within the airports and parcel sector. In addition, we are a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande has a strong strategic partnership with Heathrow Airport. Heathrow, with more than 80 million passengers a year, is the most active airport in Europe having the most connections to other airports. All these passengers expect their luggage to reach the same destination. That’s where Vanderlande comes in as a strategic partner with full responsibility for the performance and maintenance of Heathrow’s baggage handling systems.
As a Regulatory Technician, you will be performing Statutory electrical tests and inspection duties to ensure that the baggage, associated systems and operational equipment are available.
In general, you will act as an important link between our service team, our customer and our suppliers.
You will be performing the following tasks:
- Day-to-day management of all aspects of the operation and maintenance procedures
- Electrical fault-finding including the replacement and configuration of field devices
(e.g., motor controllers, sensors, scanners etc).
- Test, inspect and maintain all equipment through a proactive approach and seek permanent solutions by identifying continuous improvements
- Frequently documentation within our CMMS system (Maximo) and ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained
What we expect from you
You are passionate about creating a great customer experience, Vanderlande is the place for you!
Therefore, you act as a proactive and strong team player combined with a flexible and great service mindset.
We expect the following from you:
- Background in electrical or controls engineering
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills combined with professional usage of MS Office
- Full driving license (to attain airside driving license)
- Ability to work permanent night shifts
- C&G/NVQ level 3 or City and Guilds 2360/2330 part 1 & 2
- C&G 2391/2394 and 2395 in Inspection and Testing
- C&G BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- C&G 2377 In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
This challenging position offers the chance to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
Besides your salary, we offer you the following:
- Performance related pay
- Bupa Medical Cover and YuLife
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, discounted cinema vouchers, and a weekly free coffee from Nero! Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.