The purpose of the job will be a key player in the Airports & Parcel Solutions Team, designing solutions from concept design through to 3D AutoCAD models to support winning sales.
The candidate will be responsible for concept designing different solutions for predominantly airport baggage designs, but also parcel and postal systems. This will involve creating 3D AutoCAD system models and checking against internal design rules and capacities and customer standards / regulations to ensure the concept will meet requirements and be feasible to install and operate. It will also involve working with civil engineering third party contractors to ensure the solution works with the building design. The candidate should be familiar with working to and developing Material Flow Diagrams (MFDs) and happy to follow an iterative design process.
Your responsibilities and activities will be:
- 3D AutoCAD
- 3-Dimensional spacial awareness and concept thinking
- Analysis of different options/solutions to determine the optimal
- Able to understand and develop Material Flow Diagrams (MFDs)
- Able to understand detailed technical documents
- Working with changing requirements
Role Qualification and Skills
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience with AutoCAD 3D – fast at turning ideas into models
- At least 5 years’ experience with airport baggage system design and airport processes
- Familiar with Heathrow customer ways of working and processes
- Able to present technical designs and ideas in a clear & concise way both internally and externally
- Experience of working with the Dutch culture would be helpful
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva