The Sales Engineer looks after the conversion of the customer requirements and needs into a competitive system concept. The most important tasks for the system design are:
- List all customer requirements
- Analyze and process collected data
- Draw up various viable concept solutions
- Asses the various concept solutions
Prepare the quotation document and present solution
The sales engineer is in charge or will have a supporting role (large projects) of composing the quotation document. BOQ split up in accordance with tender including calculation of unit rates
Important tasks and/or responsibilities for the sales phase are:
- Transform the concept into a system layout drawing
- Select the appropriate equipment (incl. resale equipment)
- Carry out the detailed price calculation
- Provide a project planning
- Draft the quotation text
- Preparing the basic quote, after which the bid manager does further refining
- If required, present solution and proposal document to the customer alongwith the Bid Manager
Control and keeping up with the project
The sales engineer is keeping up with the project for both the sales and operational phases:
- Control of project file in the sales phase
- Keeping up with the as sold project and the system concept
Sales Engineer has a customer focus; understands and works out the customer business case and identifies the critical success factors and requirements of the DMU (Decision Making Unit). Optimising CAPEX/OPEX and maximising customer’s service level, thinks and act in customer’s values. Sells the solution and related aspects in terms of benefits to the customer
- The Sales Engineer shall combine all available documentation such as tender input documents, prequalification documents, building interfaces, technical information for consultants, presentations, project management descriptions, etc.
- When needed the Sales Engineer supports the bid manager with this necessary documentation, which shall be kept up-to-date by the Sales Engineer.
The Sales Engineer shall support the bid manager with:
- Filling CCP’s
- Calculating standard Low-Level Control and High-Level Controls
- Adding costs for Electro-Mechanical based on our standards
- Power Calculations and costs (conform tender)
- Steel Calculations and Costs confirm to basic calculation rules
- Asking quotes from shipping, adding costs accordingly
The Sales Engineer delivers a first set-up of the Price and Proposal to the bid manager and does further refining towards the final PPS based on input from the bid manager.
- The Sales Engineer will translate the Tender into the compliance matrix.
- Compliance checks will be done both on functional/performance level, as well as on detail level.
- The compliance matrix is the basis for analysing the entire tender, including legal requirements.
- The Sales Engineer includes the comparison and analysis of tender requirements for mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Low-Level Control, Software, etc. against our internal standards.
- The Sales Engineer shall consult with specialists in Veghel and do the compliance check for each tender we decide to bid for.
- Once the initial round of checks has been completed and added to the compliance matrix, the bid manager receives the compliance matrix and decides for further actions.
Communication & Presentation
Critical & Commercial
Analytically strong mind
Ability to finish off system concepting and quotation documents of uncomplicated projects independently. Will simultaneously work on restricted number of projects. Contribute to system concepting and preparing quotation documents for large and complicated projects. Customer focus
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering