As one of the global market leaders in the design, manufacture, installation and service of automated material handling systems and related services, Vanderlande has an excellent reputation in the market for reliable project and service delivery, innovation, customer focus and strong market awareness. Key markets include Airports, Warehousing and Parcel solutions. Together with the Sales Manager and other team members you’ll make an important contribution to the sales success in the pre-contract phase of a project. You will become a member of the sales team. Your main tasks will be to identify customer needs, to design and then price the best value-add solution.
During the tender process you will work on complex technical and business challenges, in which you’re responsible for setting up and presenting the tender solution. You will be self-reliant in pricing and preparing quotation documents for regular projects or, under supervision, for more complex projects. For the internal organisation, you’re the central key person for pricing and for any technical or concept specifications in relation to the project. Additionally, you’ll play an important role in the transfer of the project to the execution team.
- Identify, analyse and translate customer requirements and data into the right logistic solution and concept
- Collaborating with sales/engineering/maintenance in production of priced tender bids and sales documentation
- Work with engineering, systems, commercial, IT, Innovation Centre to clarify technical issues and price bids
- Self-reliant in pricing and preparing quotation documents for regular projects or, under supervision, for more complex projects
- Provide technical expertise during the tender process consulting on complex technical and business issues to develop innovative solutions using automation equipment from both the Company and preferred suppliers.
- Be the point of contact for technical and concept specifications in relation to the project and manage the process from the sales team to the project execution team.
- Present the preferred technical solution to the customer, including pricing, products and systems layout and how the proposed system will operate to meet their commercial requirements
- Accompany the customer on a visit to a reference site to show them a similar system in operation
- Manage any desired change from customer adjusting final documentation and proposals.
- Liaising with subject matter experts and sales and marketing specialists
- Produce final documentation and submit contract to customer
Occasionally support the project team through the engineering phase managing any variations of the contract.
Build Reputation With Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive To Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business.
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline (preferred).
- Previous experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong team player and able to build an excellent rapport with customers.
- The ability to interpret drawings is essential.
- Flexibility to undertake European travel as and when required
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.