Title: Sales Engineer
Reports to: Group Leader Sales Engineering
Context: As one of the global market leaders in the design, manufacture, installation and service of automated material handling systems and related services, Vanderlande has an excellent reputation in the market for reliable project and service delivery, innovation, customer focus and strong market awareness. Key markets include Warehousing (Food, Fashion and General Merchandise)
In order to keep pace with the current and expected future growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer in our Sales Engineering team developing warehouse solutions based from our Birmingham office.
Together with the Business Development Manager and other team members you’ll make a key contribution to the sales success in the pre-contract phase of a project. You will become a leading member of the sales engineering team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Advanced level of ability to independently identify , analyse and translate customer requirements and data into the right logistic solution, concept and business cases
• Be the lead for technical and concept specifications during the tender process consulting on complex technical and business issues to develop innovative solutions using automation equipment from both the Company and preferred suppliers.
• Responsible for developing a solution that has a wining return for the customer and commercially competitive.
• Manage all bidding process independently for large projects. These activities include planning, HLC, procurement, pricing and also managing internal acceptance with engineering and operations.
• Present the preferred technical solution to the customer, including pricing, products and systems layout and how the proposed system will operate to meet their commercial requirements
• Produce final documentation and submit contract to customer
• Manage the handover process from the sales team to the project execution team.
• Use experience to contribute to sales strategy, product developments and knowledge development internally
• Knowledge to brainstorm and challenge project software controls logic and high level controls concept
• Experience and knowledge to coach other Sales Engineers in the Birmingham team.
Build Reputation with Customers
Ability and experience to create a constructive and confident relationship with the customer regarding solution
Drive To Win
Focus and drive to deliver proposals and dares to take calculated risks
Working as a senior member of the sales engineering team to lead multiple projects and coach other sales engineers
Among others continuous improvement activities , develop and implement tooling, standard concepts and training. Contribute to internal developments program at group level and promote knowledge sharing within Birmingham team.
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety first culture
The Ideal Candidate would have the following desired experience
• Upper class or Masters Degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline,
• 5-10 years previous experience in the automated material handling industry.
• Experience in working within an international professional environment, preferably a project organisation
• Very strong data analysis and problem solving skills (advanced user in Excel)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A strong team player and able to build an excellent rapport with customers.