As a Sales Engineer your challenge is to identify customer goals and requirements in earliest possible sales phase and to translate this into a winning technical solution with the right balance between technology and a competitive price.
Within your role as Sales Engineer you support, challenge and team up with the sales manager in pre-bid, bid and closing phase to jointly secure projects.
In your role, you are also able to prepare and present convincingly, the technical content towards the customer.
The department you will be working in, focusses on the development of the Airports and Parcel segment across the globe. In order to accommodate a successful growth and to prepare for future readiness, we are looking for a Sales Engineer to strengthen our team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Co-define the winning sales strategy together with the Sales Manager and translate this strategy into a winning solution.
- Solve commercial / tactical issues and challenges directly with the Sales Manager.
- Translate customer needs into an overall solution, while understanding the customer processes and operations, the tender procedures and the different stakeholders.
- Responsible for (organizing) all sales engineering deliverables throughout the sales process, while involving different disciplines and technical experts to come to the best possible solution.
- Coordinate and lead the internal sales project team in line with the sales (bid) planning, while steering the team towards the winning solution considering the agreed sales strategy.
- Provide updates to senior management on the bid status and progress.
- Bring all aspects of the offer together (e.g. technical solution, planning, price, T&Cs) in a clear quotation matching the budgets calculated.
- Present the technical solution to the customer in an attractive and interactive way to show the customer’s value of our solution, matching with the customer’s needs.
- Ability to work on various projects in various sales phases simultaneously.
- Strong in listening and analyzing customer requirements.
- Good listener and communicator, creative and driven to win.
- Team player.
- Problem solving ability / attitude.
- Pro-active, searches for information instead of waiting.
- Takes full ownership and responsibilities of their projects
Education and Experience:
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Engineering Graduate with First Class- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation
- Experience in b2b sales/project sales/proposal making in an engineering-based/material handling company for 5-8 years
- Excellent in English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven track record in material handling systems strongly preferred.
- Proven track record with customer interaction by the means of presenting, workshops etc. strongly preferred.