As one of the global market leaders in the design, manufacture, installation and service of automated material handling systems and related services, Vanderlande has an excellent reputation in the market for reliable project and service delivery, innovation, customer focus and strong market awareness. Key markets include Airports, Warehousing (food, Fashion and General Merchandise) and Parcel solutions.
In order to keep pace with the current and expected future growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Sales Engineer in our UK Sales Engineering team developing warehouse solutions based from our Birmingham office.
Together with the Sales Manager and other team members you’ll make a key contribution to the sales success in the pre-contract phase of a project. You will become a leading member of the sales engineering team.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Advanced level of ability to independently identify, analyse and translate customer requirements and data into the right logistic solution, concept and business cases
- Be the lead for technical and concept specifications during the tender process consulting on complex technical and business issues to develop innovative solutions using automation equipment from both the Company and preferred suppliers.
- Responsible for developing a solution that has a wining return for the customer and commercially competitive.
- Manage all bidding process independently for a projects. These activities include planning, HLC, procurement, pricing and also managing internal acceptance with engineering and operations.
- Present the preferred technical solution to the customer, including pricing, products and systems layout and how the proposed system will operate to meet their commercial requirements
- Produce final documentation and submit contract to customer
- Manage the handover process from the sales team to the project execution team.
- Use experience to contribute to sales strategy, product developments and knowledge development internally
- Focus and drive to deliver proposals and dares to take calculated risks
- Depending on level of experience lead multiple projects and coach other sales engineers
- Among others continuous improvement activities, develop and implement tooling, standard concepts and training.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Upper class or master’s degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline,
- Previous experience in the warehousing automated material handling industry.
- Experience in working within an international professional environment, preferably a project organization
- Very strong data analysis and problem-solving skills (advanced user in Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong team player and able to build an excellent rapport with customers.
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva