As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
As part of the sales team, it is your responsibility to work collaboratively with the sales manager and customer to identify and analyze needs and transfer those into a successful system design with appropriate options and tradeoffs identified. You will present these designs to the customer, further fostering the engagement, and helping them make decisions as to the correct solution. You will report to the Director of Sales Engineering, Warehouse Solutions.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs through RFP analysis and collaborative discussions with sales managers or customers.
- Independently develop system design based on customer automation needs for medium complexity projects. Should be able to develop a project from inception to final design.
- Develop solution options for technical issues.
- Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Work closely with the lay-out group to convert system design into lay-out.
- Coordinate the bid process and tasks within sales design team.
- Price the designed system at the appropriate level.
- Write proposals and support sales manager with technical presentations to the customer.
- Work simultaneously on multiple sales projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline. Experience can be substituted for the right candidate.
- 3 or more years in warehouse automation and/or material handling systems.
- Experience with logistical processes and system design is preferred.
- Experience with both controls and mechanical technology is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong focus on creating collaborative customer relationships.
- Work well in multi-disciplinary team.
- Exceptional sales acumen.
- Ability to coordinate projects and teams of varying sizes.
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial international organization, often working across organizational, geographic, and cultural boundaries.
- Prepared to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.