As part of the sales team, it is your responsibility to work collaboratively with the sales manager and customer to identify and analyze needs and transfer those into a successful system design with appropriate options and tradeoffs identified. You will present these designs to the customer, further fostering the engagement, and helping them make decisions as to the correct solution. You will report to the Manager – Sales Engineering WP North America.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs through RFP analysis and collaborative discussions with sales managers or customers.
- Independently develop system design based on customer automation needs for medium complexity projects. Should be able to develop a project from inception to final design.
- Develop solution options for technical issues.
- Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Work closely with the lay-out group to convert system design into lay-out.
- Coordinate the bid process and tasks within sales design team.
- Price the designed system at the appropriate level.
- Write proposals and support sales manager with technical presentations to the customer.
- Work simultaneously on multiple sales projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline. Master’s degree in engineering or business preferred.
- 7 or more years in warehouse automation and/or material handling systems.
- Experience with logistical processes and system design is preferred.
- Experience with both controls and mechanical technology is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong focus on creating collaborative customer relationships.
- Work well in multi-disciplinary team.
- Exceptional sales acumen.
- Ability to coordinate projects and teams of varying sizes.
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial international organization, often working across organizational, geographic, and cultural boundaries.
- Prepared to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.