Vanderlande’s Warehouse Solutions (WS) Sales is looking for an intern for the Summer 2021 semester. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, organized, creative, and enthusiastic. The primary function of this position will be to assist Vanderlande’s WS Sales team developing data driven solutions aimed to improve their decision-making process and boost business performance.
Vanderlande’s Summer Internship Program is an 11-week paid term for students who are interested in gaining working experience relevant to their field of study. The Summer Internship program runs from May 17, 2021 to July 30, 2021.
As a WS Sales Intern, you will have the opportunity to get involved in projects/assignments ranging from:
- Analyzing business data to extract WS project requirements.
- Creating data analysis automation processes and tools.
- Creating reports to illustrate data in a clear and concise manner.
- Developing data visualization tools that are appealing and simple to navigate for the end users.
- Improving the structure content in bid tracking tools.
- Developing tools that can streamline the data consolidation and data sharing process of engineering tools.
- Compiling 3rd party equipment pricing catalogs that support the sales and the project execution phases.
- Students enrolled in an accredited four-year university or college pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Software, or other related fields.
- Must be available to work at least 20 hours per week (preferably 40 hours per week).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, in some cases virtual, and team-based environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Self-directed, proactive, and curious.
- Conceptual and creative thinking abilities.
- Have basic understanding of statistical /data analysis.
- Possess computer programming abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- College Seniors (or recent graduates) seeking pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Software, or other related fields
- Familiarity with programming languages (VBA, R, Python, MATLAB, JAVA, C/C++ or similar).
- Aptitude for mechanical systems and components.
- Familiarity with statistical tools (Minitab, SAS or similar).