As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 4,300 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake of more than 1.2 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
Sales Layout Engineer
Vanderlande is seeking an experienced and driven Sales Layout Engineer to set up and manage layout development of equipment, material flow and drawing packages for airport baggage handling systems during the sales phase. Our ideal candidate can take conceptual high level sketches and produce detailed system layouts as well as offer insight and advice to the sales team during the design phase. You will need to take into consideration building constraints, equipment choices and customer requirements. This position is based in Marietta, GA and will support projects located in North America.
- Fully independently generates 3D AutoCAD Models, plan views and elevation views for airport baggage handling system layouts, taking into account customer requirements, VI Standards, and direction of project lead.
- Create models by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
- Independently develop lay-outs based on a material flow diagram, a building lay-out, and equipment information from sales engineer.
- Take into account consequences of layout decisions on other processes.
- Anticipate layout problems and changes and report clearly on these.
- Identify and propose improvements to way of working and tooling.
- Understand the entire system from functional level to equipment details.
- Work effectively in team environment working directly with sales engineering, and sales managers.
- Provide the level of detail required to ensure the system fitment.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Assist less experienced layout engineers.
- Perform site inspections as requested
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a drafting or similar related role
- Experience designing layouts utilizing AutoCAD
- Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors.
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks and Revit
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position
This position requires up to 25% travel
This position has/does not have supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.