Position Name: Software Architect – SCADA – R&D team
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. www.vanderlande.com
Research and Development India (R&D India) is an extended arm of R&D Netherlands and plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
As SCADA Architect you will be responsible for architectural definition starting with the translation of the requirements into software demands, setting up and monitoring the software architecture and for setting up the requirements in case of new functionality. You will be working in an international team developing an equipment monitor component that functions as the interface between equipment and user of our Baggage Handling Systems. The component is used in different phases of projects ranging from the engineering, commissioning, acceptance, and production environment.
You will lead the process for a team implementing SCADA functionality for our platform and for projects. In a SCRUM-team of professionals your technical knowledge and competencies will be leading and will be the base for your discussions with the Product Owner. Apart from your tasks as a software architect you will also lead by example by taking up lead development activities within the team.
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile architect with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Leading the software design of a standardized Visualization Library
- Defining technical user stories
- Implementing SW Designs and component requirements
- Aligning the software architecture with other software-, and system architects
- Acting as a knowledge holder on SCADA systems design
- Leading the team as a developer during the implementation phase
- Challenge and influence team members to excel
- Taking part in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team
- Strong interaction with the internal customer and team
- Provide support within the project team and to outside stakeholders on architectural level
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant technical subject
- Overall 12+ Years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of Siemens Scada systems. Knowledge of other systems, like Schneider Electric, and PLC control-systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of higher programming languages, like C# and/or Java.
- Knowledge of Interfaces to control-systems: S7 and OPC. Knowledge of AB /Modbus/IEC/SNMP is an advantage
- Knowledge of generic IT technology (AD, XML, (near) Real-time, HTTP(S))
- Knowledge of Database technology (Oracle/SQL/NoSQL) is an advantage
- Affinity with User-interface programming and Web technology.
- Knowledge of test processes with interest/insight in multidisciplinary environments
- Experience with Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools.
- Relevant knowledge and experience about one of the VI business domains (baggage handling) is a prerequisite
- Strong communication skills with good command of the English language
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands-on attitude
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional
- Analytically strong and positively judicial
- Agile mindset / team player
- Soft skills essential for R&D job: Taking Initiative, Creativity, Cooperation, Learning Ability, Advising, Systemic Thinking, Analyzing & listening.
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
- Drive to win, result and goal-oriented attitude
- You like challenges and love puzzles