Job Description – Business Controller
Do you want to work in an innovative and growing company? Do you enjoy working with ambitious colleagues who want to improve themselves every day? Then this might be the new challenge you are looking for!
Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
Vanderlande is currently further improving Business and Financial Control and you can play a key role in this.
The Business Controller is part of the broad Warehousing Solutions International business controlling team in Veghel, France, UK, Australia, Spain and China consisting of a total of 10 business controllers supporting the organization (including but not limited to Sales, Service and Projects of Vanderlande). The Business Controller is a key member of the Australian management team and responsible for ensuring that the financial health of the organization is reported accurately in the financial reports. The Business Controller works directly with the responsible Managers and Managing Director of the WS Australia branch to help define the organization's financial goals and objectives; continuously strive for improvements and based on analysis recommend actions to improve the accuracy of financial reporting. The Business Controller is reporting directly to the Director Finance WS International.
JOB TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Be able to take on multiple roles of business controlling at the same time.
- A reliable, trustworthy and competent finance business partner, someone who is able to steer the financial management of the business across the management team (especially in Service, Operations and Engineering), providing the management team with reliable and direct advice with respect to where our opportunities for financial gain exists, offering reliable and thorough basis of insights, analysis.
- Collects, analyzes and reports financial data for Service Contracts, Projects or Business Support (=Overhead).
- Sales Controlling will be a key role. As a Sales Controller focus will be on supporting the sales teams and occasionally meet with customers. This also includes ensuring compliancy and risk control in the sales phase of projects and services.
- Continually identify areas for potential financial improvement. Take initiative to start, lead and execute improvement projects, but always with focus on output and relevance for our business.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Accounting and administrative tasks are not part of the responsibility of the business controller, but good collaboration with Shared Service Center on administrative processes is key and therefore relevant to business controlling (e.g. quality and timeliness of invoicing etc.).
- Regularly monitor assigned financial performance and cost estimates to complete latest estimates (LE) relevant for our company forecasting and in line with our company deadlines.
- Provides financial guidance and support to facilitate the accurate set-up, performance and maintaining of assigned projects and service contracts based on requirements and in compliance with the company set up rules to ensure the proper reporting of revenue and profits.
- Gain understanding of our business and initiate, conduct and document monthly financial meetings with relevant team members to come up with accurate financial forecasting.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and improvement projects initiated in within Business Control.
- Create reports and presentations at senior management request and pro-active initiation of financial analysis relevant for our Senior Management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills, who can multitask and is an efficient planner
- A self-starter who is focusing on output and tangible results, who is willing to invest in own development and future, in an ambitious and international environment
- Ownership of actions and work product
- At least Bachelor degree, preferably in the area of Business Economics
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience as a controller in an international project organization is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.