Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of 1.8 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for future-proof logistic process automation.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven BDM to join our team in North Sydney and reporting to the Sales Director. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in identifying, pursuing, and securing new business opportunities to drive company growth and revenue. As a BDM, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to expand our customer base, foster strategic partnerships, and enhance our market presence.
The ideal candidate will have an established network and deep knowledge within the Warehouse Automation market in Australia/NZ or a relevant industry and be able to show a track record of success in developing customer opportunities in automation, creating value for the customer, and achieving sales and sales targets in the double-digit millions in this sector.
This role requires a strong and proven commercial and technical understanding of the Warehouse Automation market and solution development which we will ask you to demonstrate in your application.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify trends, customer needs, and potential areas of growth
- Develop a database of relevant companies and contacts within the focus business segments
- Identify and target potential clients through various channels, including direct contact, networking, referrals, and online research
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified leads and opportunities.
- Develop a personal network within ANZ and represent the organization at trade shows and other events
- Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with existing clients to identify value selling, upselling and cross-selling opportunities
- Understand client requirements and tailor solutions to meet their specific needs
- Develop comprehensive, compelling, and competitive proposals for clients
- Develop compelling sales presentations and pitches to showcase the company's products/services and value proposition
- Collaborate with internal teams to create customized proposals that align with client objectives
- Lead negotiations, address objections, and ensure win-win outcomes for both the company and the client
- Energetic, motivated, passionate and competitive self-starter who possesses a high level of initiative, professionalism, desire to succeed and emotional intelligence
- Bachelors/undergraduate degree in business, marketing, management, engineering or another related field
- At least 5+ years of direct hands-on sales management experience selling Warehouse Automation solutions for integrators
- Demonstrated experience and proven results delivering client solutions and meeting sales targets
- Demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships with decision-makers and influencers during all stages of long sales cycles.
- Strategic thinker who is commercially strong and is easily able to understand technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand business cases easily and readily for automation adoption.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision, aligned to organisational priorities
- Ability to travel up to 40%, mostly within ANZ, but further internationally when required
- Ability to work within an international work environment and amongst different cultures
Highly Desirable Requirements
- 7+ years of direct hands-on sales management experience selling Warehouse Automation solutions for integrators Experience in Warehouse Automation industry.
- Post-graduate master’s degree in business, marketing, management, engineering or another related field
- A network of warehouse, supply chain and logistics industry contacts
- Experience and knowledge in Vanderlande targeted segments
- 10+ years of sales management experience
What we offer
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to someone who is a team player with a positive, energetic attitude and work ethic as well as the ability to think outside the square. We offer unlimited career growth and development within the regional and global organisation. You also have the opportunity to work from home.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does.
To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.