Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling systems and innovation is the key to winning in a world that is changing faster than ever, which is why it is essential for Vanderlande to develop cutting-edge solutions. The use and development of cutting-edge technologies is core to that success. This technology alone does not make a successful organization and our mantra is “In a world of technology, a belief in people”. Within the Development Centre Software (DCS) departments you can be one of those people and bring your passion for cutting-edge technologies and have an opportunity to make a positive impact to some of the world’s leading companies that rely on Vanderlande to give them a competitive advantage. The software and solutions that we create are at the core of driving the equipment and processes that make this happen. Be a part of the team that is creating software that is being used in hundreds of the world’s leading organizations worldwide.
As a Senior C# .NET Developer you are responsible for designing, programming, testing and maintaining High Level Control software. This software implements business logic in material handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The, often complex, functionality of the software includes business logic, controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation. This functionality is spread across the various components of the HLC suites.
You take the lead in designing, programming and testing the software based on a design concept and a set of requirements. In some cases, you will have to personally formulate these requirements together with the (end) users and/or internal stakeholders.
Your qualifications and skills
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile senior software engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Participating in software and system design for large and complex projects
- Creating detailed application designs and implement these in code
- Verifying SW Components and create unit tests
- Supporting testing and integration of SW Components
- Creating SW Documentation and UML diagrams
- Analysing, troubleshooting and fixing internally and externally encountered problems and requested changes
- Being a committed team player and lead in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team including planning and reporting
- Taking part in communities of practice
- Providing support within the team and to outside stakeholders
- Ensuring continuous improvement through knowledge sharing within the team as well as outside the team, and applying lessons-learnt.
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- C# /.NET core, Visual Studio
- Domain driven design and behaviour driven development
- Container based deployment (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools
- DevOps and build pipelines
- Knowledge of noSQL, Elastic search, Kibana, NuGet, Maven, Kafka and Continuous Integration is an advantage
- The Agile methodology, including Scrum and Kanban
- Both oral and written English. Dutch is an advantage.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now. For any further questions you can contact Joost van den Eijnden (Senior Recruiter) on +31624502432.