Senior Cloud Data Engineer at Data Bridge Team within Digital Service Factory (DSF)
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) team!
Within the Data Bridge team we are developing a secure and efficient set of data products that will be disclosed, using standard interfaces, to enable data consumers to build digital services. Data products are a way of organizing data which allows for discoverability and traceability. They are standalone units within the Data Mesh architecture, domain-based and can be shared and used by all domains. Data products are used for other domains within the Digital Service Factory: operational awareness, predictive maintenance and process optimization, based on machine learning and AI.
Besides that, you and your team are also responsible for the Digital Services Platform Infrastructure in the cloud, based on Azure and Kubernetes. Automation is everywhere – CI, CD and infrastructure as code. You and the team are responsible for it and also for monitoring the clusters in production. Eventually you could be involved in production support during working hours.
For this position we are looking for someone that is eager to learn and grow
fast as a data engineer in an agile team DevSecOps oriented.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Modeling, implementation, testing, deployment, documentation and supporting the data products and their interfaces (APIs or topics in a streaming platform).
- Setup and support on Azure Cloud Services.
- Setup and support on Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
- Setup and support on Kafka within AKS.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in the area of Computer Science or at least 3 years of relevant working experience with DevOps and/or software tests activities.
- You have a technical profile and are comfortable with writing and reading code, mostly using Python.
- You understand the concept of CI/CD and pipelines.
- You worked with Azure Cloud Services and, at least, Azure Databricks.
- Good to have some hands-on experience in:
- DevOps tooling for test automation and CI/CD.
- Working with Linux and shell scripting.
- Streaming and/or batch solutions (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra).
- Experience with creating and designing APIs.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks (e.g. Terraform).
- Experience with Data Mesh concepts are not required but are a plus.
- Experience working in an agile team using Scrum.
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Senior Cloud Data Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days).
Flexible working hours.
A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office).
Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport.
Working from home allowance.
Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance.
On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills.
A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives.
And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If the challenging profile of Senior Cloud Data Engineer appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading you CV and cover letter. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Dèveny Stultjens, Recruiter, via +31 413 755 273.