Role: Senior Communications Officer
Job location: Pune
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market. Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. Furthermore, Vanderlande’s warehousing solutions are the first choice for major e-commerce players across the globe, helping them to fulfil their promise of same-day delivery for billions of orders. In addition, nine of the 15 largest global food retailers rely on Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
The global Vanderlande HR organization is made up of over 250+ colleagues around the world. This individual will report into Chief People Officer (CPO) and will work with various stakeholders to develop compelling narratives, presentations, and internal stakeholder communications across multiple channels.
The Communication Specialist-HR is an individual contributor who will develop and implement communication strategy and will be responsible for all internal communications to support employee engagement, people priority projects, organizational transformation initiatives and their effectiveness to ensure they are reflective of Vanderlande’s strategic vision and our People Strategy.
This high energy, resourceful and creative individual will create concise and compelling content across internal channels, including our global intranet, email, video, webcasts, town halls, and other creative communication channels. The role requires this person to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment; it is best suited for a change agent who enjoys a challenge and thrives when creating new and innovative programs to propel the organization to achieve. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and collaborative partner, hands-on and familiar with a variety of communication tools and technology, has a track record managing communication plan, project plan and supporting communication programs.
- Build communications plan, process, and roadmap for global HR projects and transformation initiatives
- Develop communication materials using a variety of channels (e.g., digital signage, posters, video scripts, email communications, town hall meetings, manager talking points, and other platforms) to articulate key messages
- Manage the strategy, production, content, and distribution for internal communications activities, ensuring timely development, approvals, and execution
- Craft messages and write communications that are detailed, accurate and concise, and tailored to the vehicle and audience on a range of topics that span function-wide messaging, leadership communication, meeting presentations, video scripts, key messages, and talking points
- Manage the HR communication calendar to ensure greater consistency and alignment of employee communication activities happening across the function
- Coordinate internal communication flows so necessary information is successfully communicated to HR employees and other stakeholders
- Participate in or lead cross-functional teams or projects leveraging communications expertise
- Implement metrics to measure effectiveness of internal communication with the goal of continuously improving internal communications strategy to reach, inform and engage employees
- Write clearly and informatively, edit work for spelling and grammar, adapt writing style to meet the needs of the various communication medium and the various stakeholders
- Connect the dots between various communication initiatives to ensure consistency of messaging
- Ensure created communication collateral is reviewed, signed off, and maintained appropriately.
- Work independently on specific goals and projects
- Proactively identify obstacles and recommend solutions
- 10 + years of experience in the design, development, and execution of internal communications programs and content
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, organizational readiness, business management, or related programs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), fluency in English, flexibility and adaptability to change a must
- Demonstrate cultural understanding and sensitivity in communication and relationship building
- Experience in successfully executing projects or implementing processes with multiple competing demands
- Proven communication and listening skills; ability to work with and actively engage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Teams and relevant digital tools for communication production and publishing
- Highly organized and detail oriented to multi-task, prioritize deadlines and activities, and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to operate within a complex organization with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Requires travel for business occasionally, up to 10% of the time.