Senior Consultant IT Service development
Do you have a passion for applying the adequate IT services to business-critical processes? Do you have the knowledge and experience to strengthen our IT service portfolio with high value-add services for our customers? Do you have the ambition to develop Vanderlande’s IT Services as a unique selling point of our intelligent software solutions? Then you are the Senior Consultant IT Service development we are looking for!
Life-cycle Services accounts for more than 20% of the total sales at Vanderlande. The Global Services department is responsible for centrally organized services – like Service Desk and Spare parts – and for the development and improvement of new services. The IT Service Development team is one of the expert teams and is responsible for Vanderlande’s IT Services strategy. The team works closely together with other expert teams (e.g. asset management services, logistic services, data driven services) and in close cooperation with the Customer Centers to define and realize Vanderlande’s Life-cycle Services strategy.
As Senior Consultant IT Service development, you develop, implement and continuously improve our IT Service offering. Based on your market and technology insights, you spot opportunities for Vanderlande to further develop as an IT Service provider. You will translate these opportunities into development plans which cover both “how to sell” and “how to execute”. You execute these plans in close cooperation with the Customer Centers, Software development departments and our Global Service desk. You ensure a smooth service introduction by having all relevant stakeholders onboard. The IT service development team consist of 5 enthusiastic colleagues who are active globally in the Airports, Parcel and Warehouse segments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, pilot, introduce and improve fit-for-purpose and profitable IT services; Manage interdependencies with other development programs within and outside Global Services
- Monitor market and technology trends; determine relevance and opportunities to improve or extend services offering; Obtain direct input from key-customers to ensure a spot-on IT Service strategy
- Monitor effectiveness of service sales and delivery; identify opportunities to improve
- Advise key customers how to use IT (Services) in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems
- Guide Customer Centers in very large/complex bids during sales and implementation phase
- Define technical requirements (IT solutions) and organizational requirements (structure, capabilities) to meet customer Service Level agreements; advise and guide internal organization in developing capabilities
- Maintain relationship with Customer Centers and Technology departments at senior management level
- >8 years of experience in IT services in a B2B environment
- Proven track record in developing and implementing new IT (service) business
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Industrial Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
- Strong program management skills and stakeholder management
- Strong experienced with:
- various IT technologies; knowledge of OT is preferred
- ITIL IT Service management processes (certification on expert level)
- DevOps and CI/CD release, test and deployments
- IT Security services development and implementations
- development and optimizations of IT Monitoring, tooling to drive automation of services and support
- ITIL certified (expert level)
- Good command of English
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the position of Senior Consultant IT Service development appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Michelle van der Schoot, Recruiter on +31 413 49 52 41.