Title: CST – Senior Controls Engineer
Reports to: Eastern Campus Controls Manager
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within Heathrow, the Senior Controls Engineer will be responsible for keeping the system running as 2nd line support to the O&M teams. The Senior Controls Engineer will need to have excellent communication skills to help establish a great working relationship with the customer at Heathrow. The Senior Controls Engineer will promote a safe working environment and lead junior engineers and the O&M teams by example.
- Able to lead incidents within the baggage system.
- Able to interface directly with the duty manager and high-level teams during P1/P2 events.
- To monitor and oversee the provision of 2nd/3rd line support to integrated technologies.
Takes ownership of issues and drives technical resolution to completion.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Seen by the O&M team as a point of contact for the LLC team.
- Attend stakeholder meetings (BOA/Performance/Asset Management)
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with our customer and other Heathrow suppliers
- Project and demonstrate to the customer, expertise in our OEM equipment.
Maintain a customer focus and align with their goals and targets where possible.
Drive To Win
- Drives not only self but also the O&M teams to resolve incidents and fulfil work orders within agreed SLAs.
- Self-motivating and driven to get involved in fault resolution and improvements to further own technical knowledge.
Look to develop and improve team tooling and documentation.
- Able to influence team members and drive their development
- Able to build strong relationships within the LLC & O&M team.
- Work in conjunction with OEM Specialist service team.
Accurate and detailed reporting of KPI’s
- Always looking to improve technical and interpersonal skills.
Support team initiatives, system upgrades and enhancements.
Safe Base & We Care
- Can work safely and within RAMS.
- Confident to raise safety issues and concerns when observed.
Assist in the creation and updating of RAMS.
Electrical/controls engineering qualifications to HNC or equivalent.
Experience dealing with software version and change control.
Strong technical knowledge in the field of automation.
Experience of airport or material handling systems preferred.
Knowledge of Heathrow Baggage systems (Ideal).