Job Description Summary
As R&D Controls Engineer, you will work on projects in which new functionalities for our products and systems are designed, developed, tested & maintained. Together with the members of your team, you will develop efficient and effective solutions that contribute to multidisciplinary projects. The products you develop will be used by our Engineering department as building blocks that can subsequently be adapted and reintegrated into our customers' systems all over the world. Where necessary, you will support your colleagues in the integration process.
B.E. degree preferably in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Instrumentation or allied engg. branch from a recognized University/Institution
- 10 -15 years of hands-on experience on Siemens S7-300/400/1200/1500 series PLC systems
- Experienced in working with TIA Portal software along with simulation.
- Experienced in HMI and SCADA systems, STL experience is required
- Practical knowledge of I/O bus systems (ASi, Profibus, Profinet)
- Must possess the skill to read the software requirements and able to convert them into working software independently.
- Should be able to document the developed software and its functionalities for readability.
- Has software development skills and commissioning experience
- Must possess PLC Programming knowhow (preferably Siemens using STL)
- Able to understand and do programming in STL’s indirect addressing will be added advantage.
- Must have a system perspective, understand system requirements, and product development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and ability to work independently
- Willing to travel and be able to work in multicultural environment
- Is able to work along with a team as a development engineer for R&D projects.
- Adds value during development phase to ensure risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensure process compliance, quality, and lead time for the project work for self and team members.
- Knowledge of material handling domain can be added advantage
- Experience in Development of software/library is a very much preferred.
- Able to work in R&D on development of new software codes, libraries or programming for new products using the existing library.
- Interact/co-ordinate with multi-disciplinary teams such as Hardware, Mechanical, High level controls team, Project Lead, and internal/external customers to ensure proper functioning of the products delivered, commissioning, integration, and handover of systems
- Competence development, Support in knowledge sharing, and improve process & tooling part
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio apps
- Working knowledge of Enovia, Bitbucket, JIRA and Agile tool suits will be an added advantage