CST – Low Level Controls Engineer (TA)
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within Heathrow, the Low Level Controls Engineer will be responsible for the investigation and resolution of complex technical faults within the Low Level control equipment including analysis of data, improvement and optimization within the baggage handling system. The engineer will also have a good appreciation of both high level and electro-mechanical equipment and the interfaces with the low level.
- To maintain Specialist OEM Controls – IPC, BAS, CM Servers and Client Device applications at LHR for Vanderlande Baggage Systems
- To provide specialist support for OEM PLC’s, Safety PLC’s, Robot Technology and FSC
- To support and maintain the documentation and software repositories (CM Synergy, Version Dog System environments, Smarteam)
- To be able fault find communication issues between HLC and LLC components
- To maintain and update as required all Specialist OEM Controls
- To monitor and oversee the provision of 2nd/3rd line support for FSC and interfaces to integrated technologies.
- Takes ownership of issues and drives through to completion.
Build Reputation with Customers
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with our customer and other Heathrow suppliers
- Project and demonstrate to the customer, expertise in our OEM equipment.
- Maintain a customer focus and align with their goals and targets where possible.
Drive to Win
- Self-motivating and the drive to get involved in fault resolution and improvements
- Look to develop and improve team tooling and documentation.
- Supporting optimisation of new technology.
- Able to build strong relationships within the LLC team.
- Work in conjunction with OEM Specialist service team.
- Accurate and detailed handover of information during incidents, work orders or investigations and between shifts.
Every day better
- Always looking to improve technical and personal skills.
- Supporting System upgrades and enhancements.
Safe Base & We Care
- Can work safely and within RAMS.
- Confident to raise safety issues and concerns when observed.
- Assist in the creation and updating of RAMS.
Electrical/controls engineering qualifications to HNC or equivalent
Experience dealing with software version control
Strong knowledge of PLC’s (Siemens S7 Preferred)
Knowledge of fieldbus technology (Profibus, Profinet and ASI preferred)
Knowledge of drive technologies.
Experience of problem solving in previous roles
Experience of airport or material handling systems preferred
Knowledge of Western Campus Baggage systems (Ideal)