Data Engineer at DSF
Job Location: Pune, India
Vanderlande’s warehousing solutions are the first choice for major e-commerce players across the globe, helping them to fulfil their promise of same-day delivery for billions of orders. In addition, nine of the 15 largest global food retailers rely on Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions. Our airport’s baggage handling systems are installed in over 600 airports around the globe.
All those systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) team!
As a Data Engineer, you will work in the newly created Warehouse Process optimization team, collaborating with data scientists, an architect, and a product owner. The WS Process Optimization tool is a new product under development, and upon hitting milestones, the team will be further expanded with more people to support the successful scaling and productization.
In your role, you’ll flexibly work on creating and scaling a prototype, by creating a backend to embed the models developed by the data scientists and the data ingestion connectors/pipelines to run the model. You will need to communicate with multiple technical stakeholders to agree on the requirements and interfaces. The team architect will be your sparring partner and you will collaborate on creating an end to end tool.
- You will be developing, testing, documenting the data (collection and processing) pipelines for Predictive Maintenance. The data collection consists of (complex) data pipelines from (IoT) sensors and low/high level control components to our Data platform. When the data is in the cloud, it has to be processed and made available as data products to our data scientists.
- Align implementation efforts with other back-end developers across multiple development teams.
- You will develop scalable data pipelines to transform and aggregate data for business use, following software engineering best practices. For these data pipelines you will make use of the best frameworks available for data processing like Spark and Splunk. We are continuously improving on the solutions we use and encourage you to keep challenging the status quo.
- You develop our data services for customer sites towards a product, using (test & deployment) automation, componentization, templates and standardization in order to reduce delivery time of our projects for customers. The product provides insights in the performance of our material handling systems at customers all around the globe.
- You will contribute to the design, build and improve a CI/CD pipeline, including (integration) test automation for data pipelines. In this process you strive for an ever-increasing degree of automation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent with 6+ years relevant work experience
- Programming in Python/Scala/Java
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD, Data/Code testing (e.g., Bamboo, Artifactory, Git)
- Scalable data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark)
- Experience with deploying services as containers (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with AZURE is desired.
- Experience with serverless concepts on AZURE.
- Experience with SQL and no SQL databases.
- Experience with automated / unit testing and test driven development.
- Interest for AI and / or machine learning technology.